Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
I watched all of the videos in the thread. It took up my lunch breaks for awhile. I think the first 2 were most helpful to my understanding. If I had someone to drill with they would be the curiculum. Really explained the concept of various actions. I wish I had a vague inkling of the ruleset these techniques were made for. The context they're made for doesn't detract from the context I want the knowledge for... but it might color in some details for someone like me who didn't wrestle in highschool. Or attend high school for that matter.
Comparing the Greco/Folkstyle/Freestyle it's amazing how the different rulesets affect how you approach the same basic techniques.

I've been working for the last few months on Folkstyle shots, but completely failing to hit them when rolling live. But somehow I'm hitting some of these Greco techniques almost immediately. I'm interpreting this as how my opponents are standing and clinching differently when one of their base, core fears is "I don't want to get guillotined." It's been really interesting.