Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6" Korth PRS 45ACP

Quote Originally Posted by jmr986 View Post
    I've got a Mongoose and a pistol would make a nice compliment to it. May I ask how you got yours. I would check periodically with importers and they are hard to find. Are they even making them anymore? Enjoy that beauty.
    I'm honestly not sure if they're making them or not, but I'd bet on not. There were rumors of a second generation model, but if or when that ever comes to fruition is anyone's guess. I work with a couple importers and neither could find one. I managed to snag this on Gunbroker in a weakly run auction, which was pretty lucky. Got it it for under $9000. In a better auction, a 4" model recently brought nearly $4000 more.

I do have other Korths, but they are the older Ratzeburg models. I much prefer Ratzeburg Korths in general. I have two Autopistols, which are extremely rare. Under 300 were made in total. They bring more money than even the PRS does.

1976 Korth Combat

1985 Korth Combat

1988 Korth Autopistol

1989 Korth Autopistol

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I have one too - and it's clear that we are members of a select group. Nice, nice gun - with a superlative trigger. Mine is in 45 as well.

I'm astonished by what you paid for yours, and I see that one was sold on GunsInternational not so long ago. I wonder what it sold for?

I look at European and German auction sites regularly and I have never seen a PRS listed for sale there. Maybe Korth has stopped making them, or perhaps very limited production. The Korth importer in Australia brought in 10 or 20 about 5 years ago when they were first produced.

Name:  PRS-1.jpg
Views: 1372
Size:  101.4 KB

I did pay a good amount, but one sold a couple months prior for over $3000 more than I paid. The auction I one was a bad one that ended at 2:00PM on a Tuesday afternoon. In a good auction, I think it would have gone for more.

No I don't believe Korth is currently producing them. Do you shoot yours?

Site Supporter
    @bac1023, thanks for posting. I always enjoy seeing pictures of your collection and always learn something from your posts.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    I did pay a good amount, but one sold a couple months prior for over $3000 more than I paid. The auction I one was a bad one that ended at 2:00PM on a Tuesday afternoon. In a good auction, I think it would have gone for more.

No I don't believe Korth is currently producing them. Do you shoot yours?
    I shoot mine very, very occasionally. These sold new in Australia for the equivalent of $USD 3700 which I think is a great price.

If you want another one, I know of a NIB one at a European dealer - 4 inch fixed sight model at approx $USD 4600. This particular European dealer exports overseas and I have bought handguns from them before, so they are OK.

They also have a NIB Janz 4 inch 454 Casull, with extra 45 ACP cylinder, in some kind of DLC finish for approx $USD8300

If you are interested in either of these , PM me for details...
    Last edited by Florey55; 02-01-2021 at 01:02 AM.

I'm honestly not sure if they're making them or not, but I'd bet on not. There were rumors of a second generation model, but if or when that ever comes to fruition is anyone's guess. I work with a couple importers and neither could find one. I managed to snag this on Gunbroker in a weakly run auction, which was pretty lucky. Got it it for under $9000. In a better auction, a 4" model recently brought nearly $4000 more.

I do have other Korths, but they are the older Ratzeburg models. I much prefer Ratzeburg Korths in general. I have two Autopistols, which are extremely rare. Under 300 were made in total. They bring more money than even the PRS does.

1976 Korth Combat

1985 Korth Combat

1988 Korth Autopistol

1989 Korth Autopistol

Oh you're killin' me ! Those are so nice !

[QUOTE=bac1023;1166370]. Anybody have one of these?/QUOTE]

Hello,

I am new in this forum, but I am a regular shooter of Korth PRS 6" and 4" in .45ACP.

I enjoy shooting those fine pistols and I would like to exchange experiences.

If I learn how to include a picute, I can send some.

Collection of three Korth PRS, original version is the lowest:

Name:  image2k.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  54.5 KB

Comparison of the new and the initial slide:

Name:  IMG_3969.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  40.8 KB

New slide in correct condition:

Name:  IMG_3957.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  54.1 KB

Do you shoot yours?
    I have heard, that there are some pistols of the original version with problems in the hardening process of some parts. As long as there is a repair service, this is no real problem, but it will become difficult after.

With the modified version, I have not heard about problems with shooting.

In my opinion, these pistols are worth to be collected in view of their originality in design.

User Tag List