Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6" Korth PRS 45ACP

6" Korth PRS 45ACP

I picked this up a few weeks back. As ugly as it is, they are extremely well built and attention to detail and refinement are incredible. While the lower half is basically a 1911, the upper assembly is completely different. The design is that of a roller delay blowback. This one has a fixed 6" barrel. The trigger is light and crisp.

Korth didn't build many of these and I'm not sure if they're even still in production. This example was built in 2014.

Enjoy the pics. Anybody have one of these?

Forgotten Weapons did an episode on this. Pretty cool, and a brilliant example of the machinist's art.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I have 3.

I keep them in the frunk of my Aventador along with my Korriphila HSP and at least one example of every variant offered in the HK P7 line.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Forgotten Weapons did an episode on this. Pretty cool, and a brilliant example of the machinist's art.
    I remember seeing that some time ago. I'll have to watch it again.

The 6" model weighs over 52oz with an empty magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I have 3.

I keep them in the frunk of my Aventador along with my Korriphila HSP and at least one example of every variant offered in the HK P7 line.
    All jokes aside, the Korriphila HSP is one of my absolute favorite pistols. They are extremely well made, beautiful, and very accurate. I'm impressed that you mentioned them, because most people never heard of them.

I've got a couple. 4" 45ACP from the first year of production (1984) and a very rare 5" HSP Target 9mm with the target sights and SAO trigger. Budischowsky only made about 200 in total. I'd estimate only about 20 Target models. The design is a roller delayed blowback, somewhat similar to what Korth used on the PRS.

All HSP parts are all machined from solid steel billets and you can kind of tell in the macro pictures. The machining and attention to detail are out of this world. Even the roll marks are painstakingly perfect. No expense was spared in their production. While pics don't do them justice, you can get an idea of the level of craftsmanship. They are among the finest semi autos ever built, as far as I'm concerned.

Here's the Target model...

And as for the P7 series, I'm a big fan and own a number of them. Always liked the design...

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    I picked this up a few weeks back. As ugly as it is, they are extremely well built and attention to detail and refinement are incredible. While the lower half is basically a 1911, the upper assembly is completely different. The design is that of a roller delay blowback. This one has a fixed 6" barrel. The trigger is light and crisp.

Korth didn't build many of these and I'm not sure if they're even still in production. This example was built in 2014.

Very nice sir. Congrats!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post

To my eye it's a very attractive pistol.

One of each please.. With holster and spare mags...

bucket list gun

I've got a Mongoose and a pistol would make a nice compliment to it. May I ask how you got yours. I would check periodically with importers and they are hard to find. Are they even making them anymore? Enjoy that beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pol View Post
    To my eye it's a very attractive pistol.
    Thank you sir

I'm glad you like it.

User Tag List