Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: “Go To” Pocket Holsters

Site Supporter

“Go To” Pocket Holsters

I have a Ruger LCP that I don’t often touch but candidly I should carry.

I took it out and shot it a few weeks back and was pretty accurate with it.

I enjoy carrying my Glock 19 Gen 5, but reality is I work in a NPE and guns are often left in the car or at home. Shirts are usually tucked in at work. That little LCP just makes sense.

What do you guys use?

Knowing the tenants here of quality holsters for safety, etc. I’m curious to see what people use.

I figure I’ll throw it in my pants, jeans, or shorts when I can’t carry my Glock 19.

I thought briefly about upgrading to a 42 or 43. But practically the gun has an external DAO hammer which you can put your thumb over. It’s smaller and easier to conceal and realistically I’d put night sights and a gadget on a 42 or 43 which makes it about 4 times the cost.

God Bless,

Brandon

The last time this came up Mika’s and Aholsters were mentioned several times. I got a j-frame Aholster, which I like, but the curve that works so well carrying on the intended side makes it hard to swap and carry on the other side. Haven’t tried the Mika’s. Also have a De Santis Nemisis, but with a j-frame it is bulky and only works in large pockets. Might be better with an LCP.

I am a big fan of Stephen McEleroy.

https://squareup.com/market/rkba-holsters

I have several of his holsters. Very well made, they last a very long time.

I'm partial to the leather Brand X pocket holsters. They're stiff enough to break up the outline, but still fairly comfortable.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I use the aholster for autos. I like something that can pull the holster off of the gun as it's drawn if I have my index finger flat and pinning the holster against the gun and I prefer to draw straight up. The soft holsters are prone to this unless you draw backwards wiping the holster against the bottom edge of the pocket.
    Adam

I've gone through half a dozen different pocket holsters (kydex, textile & leather) for the LCP and I've settled on this for the time being. The black stuff is a piece of Pachmayr Pac-Skin that I've attached to both sides to help the holster get "traction" on the pocket lining during the draw.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/fron...1168_1122.html

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I am a big fan of Stephen McEleroy.

https://squareup.com/market/rkba-holsters

I have several of his holsters. Very well made, they last a very long time.
    Stephen called it quits a couple of years ago, I'm afraid.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

As mentioned, Mika & A-holsters. I also really like my Kramer.

Another vote for Aholster. I love mine. It covers the trigger guard, hides the shape of the gun and stays in the pocket when you draw. Everything I could ask for from a pocket holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Stephen called it quits a couple of years ago, I'm afraid.
    Rats, I am very sorry to hear that. He was a really talented fellow.

User Tag List