Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy fun thunderstorm power outage thread

Generators are wonderful things. After Rita we had to use our big gasoline generator for 30 days. Quite a hassle having to find gasoline and fill that tank twice a day. Now I'm equipped with a whole-house natural gas/propane powered monster that I love. Electricity goes out? Just count to 10, then there is a big "vroooom" from the side of the house, and everything is back on. So far the longest outage with it has been 6 days and it just purred along. Did I mention generators are wonderful things?
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

My work was without power for 36 hours. I never lost power here, but there were scattered outages all over our county. I really need to buy a generator.......

I have two trees down, spent all day yesterday chopping, sawing, and stacking brush. This kind of work is a bit much. Now today, we just had baseball size hail roll through. Can't catch a break for anything here in Southern Ohio.

I got lucky. All around Arlington there were trees down but I never lost power. Only the phone and internet were out for a few hours.
    "Take the message to Garcia."

Only lost power for about 2 hours.

Direct neighbors to my right still had it on...........along with a handful of other houses in the neighborhood, but guess we just got to be the lucky ones.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

You can not go wrong with a cut off and means to back feed your house. We have a gas Yamaha unit that we rotate between houses amongst the family if it is a short outage to keep the houses cool and the fridges and freezers cool. If it is going to be an extended affair, we all hole up together and run a 20 KV unit off a tractor PTO to keep the juice flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    .....power restored on... Friday 6-Jul at 11pm.
    WHOA!

Glad you guys found a refuge to hold out for a while until the lights come back on. The rest of ya, keep us in the loop- especially if you're just now getting back on the grid.

Guys guys guys

WHAT ABOUT THE NRA RANGE?
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Been out since Friday night. No damage to my house, but I did dig my "older" neighbors out from under the tree limbs in their place. As my neighborhood loses power every time a cat sneezes I've had a generator for some time now. Next one will be big enough to run the A/C.
    I do my best proofreading after I hit "Send"

be safe guys, gotta say I like having a cold wet summer vs the shit I see going on south of the border, especially back east.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

User Tag List