Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy fun thunderstorm power outage thread

Happy fun thunderstorm power outage thread

A generator saved me (blog) but I know our beloved founder is holed up in a hotel room since his power isn't expected to be restored for days. Anyone else get hit by the storm?
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 07-01-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    My roof needs a bit of work. I'm used to doing a shingle repair above the garage, but over the main house, it's too steep.

We are diminished
    PEPCO just advised us that our neighborhood is expected to have power restored on... Friday 6-Jul at 11pm.

Luckily, we've got a decent hotel room (that takes pets!) about five miles from home, so we're in pretty good shape.

Still no power for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    PEPCO just advised us that our neighborhood is expected to have power restored on... Friday 6-Jul at 11pm.

Luckily, we've got a decent hotel room (that takes pets!) about five miles from home, so we're in pretty good shape.
    Ouch!
    Glad you guys are ok.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Southern NJ was hit pretty hard by tornados along with the storms. My uncles neighborhood was pretty much destroyed, his house was saved although he did stay with us overnight while a crew was taking down a tree hanging halfway broken over top his house. Luckily they got power back today, but most people are being quoted 6 days.

The power was out 20 hours for me. Non-event as far as I was concerned, but I saw a few people go full retard.

Hope everyone stays safe, and gets their power back soon if they haven't already.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    A generator saved me (blog) but I know our beloved founder is holed up in a hotel room sinc enis power isnt expected to be restored for days. Anyone else get hit by the storm?
    Spent all day yesterday working to try and get the neighborhood back into passable shape. Trees down all over the place...had to show up with a chainsaw at the houses of folks from church to cut them out of their driveways and such. Ours hit Friday night at about 9 PM. The power blinked on and off for about an hour and a half, but after that it stayed on.

West of me it's a disaster. No power and crews working tirelessly to find all the places where the network has been damaged. Helped fetch water from the crick for several folks who needed water to make toilets work and to bathe in. It's been like revisiting the 19th century. Glad I didn't live there, frankly.

So it seems you folks got your dose last night, correct?
    Last edited by TCinVA; 07-01-2012 at 06:09 PM.

I lost power Friday night around 10 and didn't get power back until this morning. Very happy with my generator.
    #RESIST

Somehow it hopped us. We never lost power for more than a blip. All of my friends in Columbus are expected to be down for a week or more.

User Tag List