Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22LR in stock?

22LR in stock?

Is anyone finding plated 22 LR in stock? I’ve found a few boxes of all lead but that’s it. I have no excuse for being short on 22 but I am. The little Glock stays pretty hungry.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

My usual sources are bone dry. Luckily I have enough to last for a few years at my normal rate of consumption. If you were closer, I could hook you up with a case of CCI AR Tactical.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Is anyone finding plated 22 LR in stock? I’ve found a few boxes of all lead but that’s it. I have no excuse for being short on 22 but I am. The little Glock stays pretty hungry.
    Does it not run with the plain lubed lead?

Set up an in-stock notice at Midway for what you are looking for. I got 2k of Aquila SE a week ago. You have to be fast ordering when you get a notice.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Where you at in Kansas? I've been buying bricks of Browning 22LR coated bullets at Heartland Outdoors, South Hutchinson, at reasonable prices. I just called, they have some in stock. Didn't check price, last ones I bought were .07 something a round.

I just stopped by there while at coffee, they have multiple 400 and 525 round bricks on the shelf. Browning, Federal and I believe Winchester, some 40 grain black oxide coated and some 36 grain copper clad as well. (I didn't take my phone into the store, so didn't get pictures). Prices have risen since my last purchase, currently a little over 10 cents a round.

Good luck.

ETA: my wife uses the Brown 40gr black oxide as her go to in her G44 - it cycles okay in that pistol for her, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Where you at in Kansas? I've been buying bricks of Browning 22LR coated bullets at Heartland Outdoors, South Hutchinson, at reasonable prices. I just called, they have some in stock. Didn't check price, last ones I bought were .07 something a round.

I just stopped by there while at coffee, they have multiple 400 and 525 round bricks on the shelf. Browning, Federal and I believe Winchester, some 40 grain black oxide coated and some 36 grain copper clad as well. (I didn't take my phone into the store, so didn't get pictures). Prices have risen since my last purchase, currently a little over 10 cents a round.

Good luck.

ETA: my wife uses the Brown 40gr black oxide as her go to in her G44 - it cycles okay in that pistol for her, FWIW.
    I'm not far from there. I really surprised though. I've never found anything firearms related to be reasonably priced at Heartland. I'll check them out next time I'm out that way. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Does it not run with the plain lubed lead?
    I haven't tried it. I seem to remember someone saying the 44 leads up quickly with plain lead though.

Site Supporter
    I've found Herter's brand (Bass Pro) at the local Cabela's.

The Academy in Overland Park (95th and Quivira) had dozens of bricks of Winchester Western and 100rd packs of of Remington Golden Bullet in stock. I didn't know the quality of either so I didn't buy any. You guys have experience with it? I think the main complaints are how dirty it is.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/win...ain-ammunition

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/rem...ire-ammunition

I have experience with Golden Bullet, although my experience is with bulk rounds packaged in a bucket. I use that ammo for plinking and failure drills only; there tends to be damaged rounds (not surprised when packed in a bucket) and wildly varying powder charges based on how the reports change sounds. There are also a fair amount of fail-to-fires, suggesting inconsistent primer compound application.

User Tag List