Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is this the best 9mm defense ammo?

Site Supporter
    My agency was unable to acquire 147gr HST this ammo cycle. We are confidently carrying 124gr HST. With that being said, I think the last part, and often overlooked part of Doc's list is equally important. Here it is:

The keys are:

-- Cultivate a warrior mindset
    -- Invest in competent, thorough initial training and then maintain skills with regular ongoing practice
    -- Acquire a reliable and durable weapon system
    -- Purchase a consistent, robust performing duty/self-defense load in sufficient quantities (at least 1000 rounds) then STOP worrying about the nuances of handgun ammunition terminal performance.

Yeah, it’s clear gel, but it’s something...

https://www.luckygunner.com/9mm-124-...rounds#geltest

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Haven't been to the range for a while so haven't tried these at all from either gun.
    Wait, are you saying you haven't tested the ammo at all through your guns? Because if so, I'd rectify that immediately if that's what you're loading your guns for. Yes, it's likely to work, but function checking for life-saving equipment should always be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Wait, are you saying you haven't tested the ammo at all through your guns? Because if so, I'd rectify that immediately if that's what you're loading your guns for. Yes, it's likely to work, but function checking for life-saving equipment should always be done.
    I just used range ammo and Covid started so never really got chance to shoot anything else.
    Also lost job right around that time so just stayed home pretty much the whole year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    I just used range ammo and Covid started so never really got chance to shoot anything else.
    Also lost job right around that time so just stayed home pretty much the whole year.
    I would be wary of using defensive ammo that you've never run through the gun before as actually loaded ammo, simply because you don't know how well the ammo itself will feed and/or eject.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I would be wary of using defensive ammo that you've never run through the gun before as actually loaded ammo, simply because you don't know how well the ammo itself will feed and/or eject.
    Yes each firearm may behave differently but M&P is popular gun and a lot of tests are done with that particular ammo.
    I watched this video and went for the 124.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lGqdMdbir0

124gr HST standard pressure is what I carry in my Sig 365. 124gr HST +P in my G19

Once I am out of the standard pressure I'll probably just keep it simple and use the +P in both.
    Last edited by 4given; 01-08-2021 at 03:53 PM.

User Tag List