Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alien

Alien

Amazing trigger.... so flat and fast of an impulse. Definitely worth two EDC X9s. It’s really special.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JCN; 01-05-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Awesome

Mine should be shipping this week

Looking at magazines and fitting holsters:

I think if I Dremel relocate the mag release notch, CZ Shadow magazines might work. Which might be easier than trying to work up a mag extension.

The gun is similar in dimension but wider than a Shadow and just barely fits in the RHT Shadow holster. The aggressive serrations on the Alien are going to be tough on a holster though. I think it’ll probably work in a Double Alpha trigger guard holster but I don’t want to chew up the trigger guard just yet.

The dot window is similar but smaller than an SRO. I’ve heard it might be a rebadged C-MORE.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Looking at magazines and fitting holsters:

I think if I Dremel relocate the mag release notch, CZ Shadow magazines might work. Which might be easier than trying to work up a mag extension.

The gun is similar in dimension but wider than a Shadow and just barely fits in the RHT Shadow holster. The aggressive serrations on the Alien are going to be tough on a holster though. I think it’ll probably work in a Double Alpha trigger guard holster but I don’t want to chew up the trigger guard just yet.

The dot window is similar but smaller than an SRO. I’ve heard it might be a rebadged C-MORE.
    Those mags look wider than a standard shadow 2. Odds are a basepad from one of the modern guns will be the same I would try a P320, M&P and P10 base to see if one fits.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

Given that the gun is from CZ, if it doesnt use CZ75 mag pattern it most likely uses the P09/P10 mag pattern.

I am seriously jealous btw!

Quote Originally Posted by foxj66 View Post
    Those mags look wider than a standard shadow 2. Odds are a basepad from one of the modern guns will be the same I would try a P320, M&P and P10 base to see if one fits.
    When I held them up against each other, they are very similar dimensionally with the top cut and while the shadow is more rounded than square of the Alien, they are very similar overall.

When I put a shadow mag in the Alien it doesn’t rattle at all. A TSO magazine doesn’t fit.

I think it just needs the catch.

The squareness of the Alien mag would require a very specific baseplate. I don’t own any of the guns you suggested or the basepads, but I do have a ton of Shadow mags and extensions.

If it just takes a small notch to make my 23 round Shadow CO setup work in the Alien, I’ll take that over trying to find other basepads that still would need follower modifications to get the capacity.

I really hope this gets an approval for some division.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I think it would be a monster in Production. The trigger really is like a single action.

I don’t know that I care to get a “retro” slide dot if that’s required in CO because height over bore.

If the gun can handle 9 major, I might consider it goofing off in Open.

But for me it’s just a novelty and fun gun at this point. I might run it in IDPA-ish Outlaw matches where there’s a 15 round capacity.

It really feels like a GT3 in terms of performance, fit and finish (and price).

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Given that the gun is from CZ, if it doesnt use CZ75 mag pattern it most likely uses the P09/P10 mag pattern.

I am seriously jealous btw!
    It’s not from CZ, though it’s from the same country.

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    It’s not from CZ, though it’s from the same country.

I guess that post was unclear, I meant "CZ" as in the international country code for Czechia.

User Tag List