Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: My kingdom for a Korth (or Manurhin)?

With the MR73 being a moderately rare import, who are the go-to folks for parts and gunsmithing if needed?

My kingdom for a Korth (or Manurhin)?

Quote Originally Posted by Florey55 View Post
    I can answer your question on current production MR73s. I have seen, handled and shot quite a few. ( I own 2 MR73s) and have owned every model from original production ones.

They are of exceptional quality. The switch to 5 axis CNC machines has certainly paid dividends to Chapuis Armes and looks as though there has been a general uplift in quality.

On a side note, the take-over of Chapuis Armes by Beretta has resulted in cheaper prices for MR73s and MR88s ( at least in Australia it has) MR73s prices for the first shipment from Beretta Chapuis Armes ( due in 2 months) will be around $USD2700
    Wow, that’s a full $1,000 less than the Mongoose.

So is that 2 months to hit Australia?

Any word from Beretta USA?
    Last edited by jtcarm; 01-29-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    With the MR73 being a moderately rare import, who are the go-to folks for parts and gunsmithing if needed?
    Parts at Hastings. Not much on a MR73 you don’t see on an S&W, so I suspect most competent gunsmiths will do. Small differences but the basic design is the same.
    Last edited by Pol; 01-29-2021 at 05:26 PM.

There is a Man in Oklahoma JJ Perrideau who imports Manurhin who is also a gunsmith. That said Cylinder and Slide should take care of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Wow, that’s a full $1,000 less than the Mongoose.

So is that 2 months to hit Australia?

Any word from Beretta USA?
    What Chapuis Armes do is to make revolvers in a batch for different geographic locations i.e. Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Australia etc. So there may be many quarters, or years, before a geographic location received its allotment of ordered Manurhins. This is partly to help with the logistics of shipping, as French law stipulates only disassembled firearms can be exported. In the case of Manurhins, the cylinders are removed and shipped separately.

Some other points -

Manurhin Match MR73s in .32 S&W L, and .38 Special are very popular in Australia and there are probably more here than in any other country. Of the 20 shooters on the line at my range last week, 6 were using Manurhins.

Quality - The quality of the current MR73s is the best that they have ever been. Fit, finish, polishing and blueing are simply superb. They are jewels, I know a couple of shooters who have new ones, and they just can't bear to use them.

Endshake - I haven't noticed ant anything alarming on my 2 MR73s, but I do recall advice given to me by the dealer/gunsmith who sold me my first MR73 about 35 years ago. He said " Only use European cases such as Lapua in them. European cases have thicker rims and that's what they have been designed to use and tolerances adjusted to suit. Using a case with a thicker rim then contributes to an almost solid lock-up." With no endshake?

I would have liked to attach pictures of the current Manurhin brochure and a current production MR73 but the system wont let me ado this !

Quote Originally Posted by Florey55 View Post
    What Chapuis Armes do is to make revolvers in a batch for different geographic locations i.e. Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Australia etc. So there may be many quarters, or years, before a geographic location received its allotment of ordered Manurhins. This is partly to help with the logistics of shipping, as French law stipulates only disassembled firearms can be exported. In the case of Manurhins, the cylinders are removed and shipped separately.

Some other points -

Manurhin Match MR73s in .32 S&W L, and .38 Special are very popular in Australia and there are probably more here than in any other country. Of the 20 shooters on the line at my range last week, 6 were using Manurhins.

Quality - The quality of the current MR73s is the best that they have ever been. Fit, finish, polishing and blueing are simply superb. They are jewels, I know a couple of shooters who have new ones, and they just can't bear to use them.

Endshake - I haven't noticed ant anything alarming on my 2 MR73s, but I do recall advice given to me by the dealer/gunsmith who sold me my first MR73 about 35 years ago. He said " Only use European cases such as Lapua in them. European cases have thicker rims and that's what they have been designed to use and tolerances adjusted to suit. Using a case with a thicker rim then contributes to an almost solid lock-up." With no endshake?

I would have liked to attach pictures of the current Manurhin brochure and a current production MR73 but the system wont let me ado this !
    This is all interesting to hear. I was kind of set on an original Mulhouse gun, but it seems like the Chapuis guns are probably a good bet as well.

And do you mean this brochure, or another one?

https://imthi.actioncom.fr/dbIMAGE/c...3401870594.PDF

Quote Originally Posted by Scal View Post
    This is all interesting to hear. I was kind of set on an original Mulhouse gun, but it seems like the Chapuis guns are probably a good bet as well.

And do you mean this brochure, or another one?

https://imthi.actioncom.fr/dbIMAGE/c...3401870594.PDF
    Yep, that's the one

Endshake - I haven't noticed ant anything alarming on my 2 MR73s,
    I'm curious. Do You have a very sharp edge on the OD of your forcing cone.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    From what I’ve read, K-frame SLs work.

Nighthawk sells SLs for the Mongoose. Pretty pricey. I think K-frames fit the Korth as well.
    Hmmmm... I understood that the Korth’s were L frame size. Some speed loaders are more forgiving than others in that they hold the rounds rather loosely. My sons N frame HKS loaders rattle around like maracas.

@jtcarm, not doubting you, I’ve heard several conflicting views and was hoping for a definitive answer.

Thanks.

I just want to say that I appreciate all the information posted in this thread. A 3” MR73 has been a grail of mine for a little while and I enjoyed reading everything that has been posted.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List