Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My kingdom for a Korth (or Manurhin)?

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Pol,

I specifically said, "...there are still a few excellent revolver smiths who can make it as slick as I want it to be..." I did not say anything about matching the object of your affections.

Dave
    S&W doesn’t make a revolver sized like the MR73. In the 4" configuration, the L-frame M686 weighs 42 oz, whereas the MR73 weighs but 33.5 oz. Even the anemic K-frame M19 is 2.5 oz heavier. The MR73 is on record outlasting both.

Good luck making the S&W rebound slide as slick as its roller-supported MR73 counterpart. You might as well try pitting a drag sled against a wheeled kart.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Your last blog post on the MR73 is dated back to 2017. What’s your opinion of current production MR73’s? As good as the original manufacture units?
    Not enough information.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    I tried in vain to get one of those 9mm Korths. How did you manage to score one?
    Collectors Firearms, In Houston, Texas, had several in stock, for a while. That was pre-2020, of course. I seriously considered putting one of them on lay-awake.

Collectors Firearms is a Nighthawk/Korth dealer. They have a dot com, but not all items get listed quickly on their e-commerce site. I saw some of the larger, higher-dollar Korths there, in December, at a time when I do not think they were listed on the web site.

Well, I just looked. The Korths that I saw, in December, are listed now.

https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/s...d=All+Products

I am not an employee of, or rep/influencer/pitch-man, for this dealer, or any business. At the moment, I cannot financially justify starting a 90-day lay-awake, on either of these, much less buy one outright.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

This thread needs more @bac1023
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by Pol View Post
    Have a look at an S&W rebound slide vs. that of a MR73. The S&W relies on a metal on metal contact, the Manurhin moves on rollers. No matter what you pay a gunsmith, no amount of stoning and polishing available on this planet will make the S&W rebound slide as slick as that of a Manurhin. Now consider that just about every component that effects strength, accuracy, reliability and trigger feel in the Manurhin is an improved version of what you find in an S&W.
    I could swear I have seen someone in the past offering a roller rebound slide part for S&W K/L/N in the past. That or it was a part and a frame modification.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    I could swear I have seen someone in the past offering a roller rebound slide part for S&W K/L/N in the past. That or it was a part and a frame modification.
    It would be really cool to see one modded up.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Collectors Firearms, In Houston, Texas, had several in stock, for a while. That was pre-2020, of course. I seriously considered putting one of them on lay-awake.
    We like Collector's. When my wife is with me and asks for a gun, they show it to her and talk to her -- not me.

We got both our Korth revolvers there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pol View Post
    FLMAO!

Bless your heart Dave.
    Pol,

I should have put a smiley face at the end of that. I really wasn't trying to be a smart ass, just a silly one.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    To sum up, if you want the best revolver ever made for social work, get an MR73. If you want the finest revolver for sport shooting, get a Korth.

More details can be found on my gun blog.
    Very informative, thank you.

Now, what makes the MR73 better suited to SD and the Korth to sport?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    Cylinder and Slide made a Smith trigger and hammer kit with a roller bearing on the tail of the trigger where it engages the sear. That’s more similar to the Korth revolver than the Manurhin roller bearing rebound slide, though.

I don’t know about anyone making a roller bearing rebound slide for Smiths, but I am sure as hell not as knowledgeable as some other folks on this board to say that it definitely was never a thing.

User Tag List