Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: My kingdom for a Korth (or Manurhin)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    So, you don’t really know much about the MR73..... kidding!

"Your last blog post on the MR73 is dated back to 2017. What’s your opinion of current production MR73’s? As good as the original manufacture units?"

Thanks for the insight.

Regards
    I can answer your question on current production MR73s. I have seen, handled and shot quite a few. ( I own 2 MR73s) and have owned every model from original production ones.

They are of exceptional quality. The switch to 5 axis CNC machines has certainly paid dividends to Chapuis Armes and looks as though there has been a general uplift in quality.

On a side note, the take-over of Chapuis Armes by Beretta has resulted in cheaper prices for MR73s and MR88s ( at least in Australia it has) MR73s prices for the first shipment from Beretta Chapuis Armes ( due in 2 months) will be around $USD2700

I miss my Mr73... It is at Defensive Creations getting some work done....

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I miss my Mr73... It is at Defensive Creations getting some work done....

Do tell? I was considering getting mine converted to dao and fixing adjustments. I would also like a tritium front bead

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Do tell? I was considering getting mine converted to dao and fixing adjustments. I would also like a tritium front bead
    I'm waiting - I've got a fixed sight verison. Trigger work, get rid of the CAI import. Refinish... Add some sights. I'd like to see if he can install a Bowen rough country sight on there...

Oh man that's a good idea.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    There's a MR-88 on GB, heading for the stratrosphere.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    There's a MR-88 on GB, heading for the stratrosphere.
    To be faaiiirrrrr...

That one looks pretty good. Doesn't seem to have much wear and the sideplate appears to be much better fit than the last few MR-88s I saw on GB a few years ago.

If Kebco is still importing them why not call or email and ask what NIB costs? Their MR-73s look like they're $3200 with no auction house shenanigans or prolonged wait times.

That MR-88 is also from Larry Vickers collection, so that probably has something to do with the price.

I got a surplus MR-88, and there’s nothing wrong with it, but it’s essentially a service/security six with a sideplate. I loaned it to a friend who broke the transfer bar dry firing it. A Ruger transfer bar from numrich dropped right in to the gun, and it has otherwise been well behaved. Looking at other parts from Ruger and Manurhin schematics, I think that the guns have enough similarities that the transfer bar is not the only part that is compatible.

Given that, and how easily and relatively cheaply the Rugers can be found, I don’t really see the point of paying a premium for an MR-88.

Are there commonly available speed loaders that work with the MR73? Something a guy could order online and now have to wait for it to clear customs or is so rare that they sell for as much as a new MR73?

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Are there commonly available speed loaders that work with the MR73? Something a guy could order online and now have to wait for it to clear customs or is so rare that they sell for as much as a new MR73?
    From what I’ve read, K-frame SLs work.

Nighthawk sells SLs for the Mongoose. Pretty pricey. I think K-frames fit the Korth as well.

User Tag List