Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real Avid tool?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Agreed. I will offer an example. My son is an executive chef. He did not buy a knife set, but assembled a specific set of blades from different makers to do specific things. They are kept in a very high-quality case and sharpened by hand. He's got well over two grand worth of knives in there. And his reasoning is almost word for word what Wayne said.

I really like the Geissele tools, along with Starrett. I have a nifty little doodad from KNS that makes trigger and hammer installation a breeze, but don't see it on their website. I'm not a fan of their pins, but love this tool.

Do not cheap out on the punches or roll pin starters. Get a really good set, like Ash556 said.

I will go through my big rolling tool case this weekend and take some pics. Will and I talked a bunch about this. He also gave me the part numbers for McMaster-Carr for all the little pins, and you can do a bulk order. I will try and dig that out and post it this week. I also have some stuff saved in my Brownells wish list that I'll post.

I just got finished assembling a 6.5 Creedmoor AR for an antelope hunt next year. I cannot wait to get it to the range.
    If you come across that list, I'd surely be interested!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Their multi tool looks interesting, iffy reviews though.

https://www.amazon.com/Real-Avid-Mul...dp/B01MY50OE7/
    I keep one of their multitools in my work/range bag for when students inevitably do something dumb to a .gov gun. My experience with the multitool is that it's just fine for what it is, but I wouldn't buy one of their full sized tool-kits either.

User Tag List