Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A proper #2

finally something i'm an authority in! the art of taking a proper #2!

The #2

1.) How can this thread go two + years and 4+ pages without anyone saying "phrasing"?

2.) After taking ECQC twice, working the thumb flag thing into your normal draw, if you use a press out is extremely easy and relatively natural, especially if you carry appendix. I would say, however it is something that benefits from seeing in person and having hands on instruction.

I would like to add, about the reliability of it....

I try to practice this whenever I can and I have yet to induce a failure because of it. Although being left handed I need to make sure my mouth is close or I get a nice hot brass lunch... Now if I can find a way to do this without getting GSR on my Huntsman Bespoke... Life would be good.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Chen View Post
    SN - been working on jits so I hopefully don't lose EVERY contact next class. I know you say it's not about winning or losing, but I'd like to find out if there's also something to be learned from not getting shot in the face.
    Of course. You learn that being shot in the groin or the taint repeatedly is also unpleasant.

As for the #2, just like I said in my writeup on the blog, the utility of the #2 position is instantly clear the first time you find yourself on the ground trying to shoot someone entangled with you.
    3/15/2016

I have always ran the retention firing position with a slight outboard roll, but the “thumb flag” looks a bit more natural to the draw stroke. I am going to give a few reps this next weekend and see how it feels.

User Tag List