Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A proper #2

I have a couple of DVD';s, but good reminder. I use that number two--and I absolutely think it is the best for the fight concept of carrying a pistol.

Bill

Are there any pros/cons to rotating your hips slightly (to the left, for right handed shooters) so that the Pec-Index aligns with the center line of the target when shooting from #2?

Translating the Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu hip escape to the seated vertical plane is a cornerstone of how I teach maneuvering in a vehicle, whether that is shooting from interior to exterior, a gunfight within the confines of the driver's compartment, or de-buss. For the most part I feel like the hip escape offers far more pros than cons.

It's not only the hip shifting but also where you grasp the steering wheel and how you use that as a handle to pull and push yourself into position so that you don't muzzle mask yourself or a passenger. This will vary from strong-side hip, A-IWB and off-body carry in the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Translating the Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu hip escape to the seated vertical plane is a cornerstone of how I teach maneuvering in a vehicle, whether that is shooting from interior to exterior, a gunfight within the confines of the driver's compartment, or de-buss. For the most part I feel like the hip escape offers far more pros than cons.

It's not only the hip shifting but also where you grasp the steering wheel and how you use that as a handle to pull and push yourself into position so that you don't muzzle mask yourself or a passenger. This will vary from strong-side hip, A-IWB and off-body carry in the vehicle.
    I'm was asking more in regards for a standing engagement. But the above is good to know about seated problems.

Ah I'm sorry I was still tracking you on the vehicle question previously.

If you have to turn into the shot to actually hit then okay, but what I see generally with guys that try and do that in a Sims evolution is that they tend to cross their centerline and lose the ability to stay upright if they don't move their feet also.

Does that make sense the way I wrote it?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Ah I'm sorry I was still tracking you on the vehicle question previously.

If you have to turn into the shot to actually hit then okay, but what I see generally with guys that try and do that in a Sims evolution is that they tend to cross their centerline and lose the ability to stay upright if they don't move their feet also.

Does that make sense the way I wrote it?
    Yes, reminds me of a short clip I saw where you mentioned always keeping your hips squared up with un/known contacts while moving. Likewise, standing still the same should apply. I'm making the connection from A to B now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    Are there any pros/cons to rotating your hips slightly (to the left, for right handed shooters) so that the Pec-Index aligns with the center line of the target when shooting from #2?
    I have you talked into ECQC this fall, right?

Quote Originally Posted by phil_in_cs View Post
    I have you talked into ECQC this fall, right?
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Wasn't sure I wanted to watch a video of you doing a proper #2, but that wasn't what I expected
    LOL, and yet you still watched it.
    Context, John Ralston, context.

Quote Originally Posted by fm2 View Post
    LOL, and yet you still watched it.
    Context, John Ralston, context.
    He was hoping to see howard stern in a leglock.

User Tag List