Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading: not my bag and I want to sell this. What's it worth?

Reloading: not my bag and I want to sell this. What's it worth?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Not that I need them, but where are you finding primers for $10-$15 (assuming per 1k, maybe that's per 100 these days ).

Chris
    That price is per 100 unfortunately...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    That price is per 100 unfortunately...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Holy crap! When I started reloading, they were $1.50/100. I still have 1k bricks priced at less than $20/1k.

Chris

@ASH556 - It's no wonder you aren't into reloading with that setup. If I was reloading 20 rounds a month then maybe that little hand press would be a good idea but if you are doing anything more than that, you need a turret or progressive machine.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Holy crap! When I started reloading, they were $1.50/100. I still have 1k bricks priced at less than $20/1k.

Chris
    When I started reloading in 1991, Winchester primers at the gunshow were $10 per 1K. When Clinton got elected they bumped up to $12 and when the GWOT started they took a big leap to $20. I wish I bought 100K Wolf small rifle primers when they were $15/1K in 2016. I did buy a bunch of Magtech SPP for $20/1K and wish I had bought more. I've loaded 26K of them without any issue
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    @ASH556 - It's no wonder you aren't into reloading with that setup. If I was reloading 20 rounds a month then maybe that little hand press would be a good idea but if you are doing anything more than that, you need a turret or progressive machine.

When I started reloading in 1991, Winchester primers at the gunshow were $10 per 1K. When Clinton got elected they bumped up to $12 and when the GWOT started they took a big leap to $20. I wish I bought 100K Wolf small rifle primers when they were $15/1K in 2016. I did buy a bunch of Magtech SPP for $20/1K and wish I had bought more. I've loaded 26K of them without any issue
    I dug it out to list for sale and it turns out I also had a set of those Lee dies in .308 also along with 130 pcs once-fired .308 match brass. Met a guy earlier today and traded it for two Benjamins. Works for me.

I like to fly fish too, but like tying flies (I don't), reloading becomes its own hobby. In my observation, there are those that like to reload and those that like to shoot. Those that like to tie flies and those that like to fish. At this point in my life with 3 children ages 8 and under, my time is precious and I'd rather spend it fishing and shooting than loading or tying flies. Maybe when I get older...
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    In todays Market you can probably get $40.00 or more for each of the die sets. $150 would be a fair price for all that you have. Parted out probably a little more.

Bob
    Bob, don't be giving your address out to anyone!

User Tag List