Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reloading: not my bag and I want to sell this. What's it worth?

Reloading: not my bag and I want to sell this. What's it worth?

As I mentioned in another thread earlier this year (or last year I guess), I have this reloading equipment that's been sitting unused in a box in my garage for 5 or 6 years now. Seems some of this stuff might bring a premium in the current climate, but I don't really know. Bottom line, I'd rather sell it and put the funds into something I'll use. What's it worth?

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    Not a ton. Depends on what the dies are, what those bullets are, and how many bullets and primers there are.

I bet if there’s a set of .38 Special dies, there’s a LL who might like them.

That Lee squeeze reloading press is worth a little bit, but honestly the dies are probably worth more.

Primers are a tough sell unless you know someone locally to take them because of hazmat shipping fees.

Do you have any powder?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Not a ton. Depends on what the dies are, what those bullets are, and how many bullets and primers there are.

I bet if there’s a set of .38 Special dies, there’s a LL who might like them.

That Lee squeeze reloading press is worth a little bit, but honestly the dies are probably worth more.

Primers are a tough sell unless you know someone locally to take them because of hazmat shipping fees.

Do you have any powder?
    No powder. 9mm and .223 dies. Would be looking for a local sale. 425 pc once fired 9mm brass. 100 bullets. Dies and tools are all unused except the press.

$100 for everything? $150?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

In todays Market you can probably get $40.00 or more for each of the die sets. $150 would be a fair price for all that you have. Parted out probably a little more.

Bob

Site Supporter
    Stupid phone. .
    Last edited by Duelist; 01-04-2021 at 06:12 PM.

9mm dies are hard to find right now, I’d bet you could get $60 for those if they’re 9.

The Lee press can still be found I believe(I bought one In August to load 357 and 10mm on vacation) so I’d guesstimate $30-40.

Primers are $10-$15 locally

If I were you I’d put everything on a local forum as a ready to go reloading package for $140.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Grey boxes usually indicate carbide dies, if those are 9mm Carbide dies they are going on ebay for $100-$125. .223 dies look like they are out of stock, so they will go for a little bit of a premium.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread earlier this year (or last year I guess), I have this reloading equipment that's been sitting unused in a box in my garage for 5 or 6 years now. Seems some of this stuff might bring a premium in the current climate, but I don't really know. Bottom line, I'd rather sell it and put the funds into something I'll use. What's it worth?

Put it on the Georgia Outdoors Trader (ODY) for $150 as a lot or sell the dies on eBay (bidding may run up the price) and then sell remainder on ODT.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    Primers are $10-$15 locally
    Not that I need them, but where are you finding primers for $10-$15 (assuming per 1k, maybe that's per 100 these days ).

Chris

I recently bought 6,000 Remington 1 1/2 - Small Pistol Primers at $31.00 per thousand, but they have been showing up on the web for $10-$15 a hundred.

Bob

User Tag List