Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2021 firearms and ammo market speculation from a friend at a distributor

I have been tracking the market prices of 7.62x39 on ammoseek since summer when I laid in some of that stuff. My spreadsheet says it went up 10 to 12 cents a round yesterday from what it was Monday, just over a 30% increase after GA elections and the DC riots.....so much for price and inventory stabilization.

Two and a half years

After Sandy Hook in Dec 2012, it was summer 2015 in my neck of the woods before .22LR, 9mm, and reloading components started to really come back on the shelves. That was 2 and half year drought for me. I did very little reloading during that time period. Fortunately, I was still working at the time, so gov’t issued ammo got me some decent range time.

It sounds like ammo companies are just going to run what they have and see what the market will bear.

All of which means that prices are not coming down for the foreseeable future.

All the new gun and ammo buyers will think 40 cents a round is “cheap” and snap it up at that price, leaving people waiting for 20 cent per rounds like the “good old days” will be waiting for a very long while.

User Tag List