Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this the worst less-lethal idea out there or am I being too narrow-minded?

Somebody got a hickory shampoo from the good idea fairy and came up with this disaster. I see nothing good about this system.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Another LL gadget getting pimped to police departments. I was just issued a bola wrap. I'm out of room on my belt and on my vest, I carry it in a cargo pocket. It's getting ridiculous.

My department has bought so much equipment that's supposed to be the next best thing that I can hardly keep track of it all. Last month I got a personal radiation detector I have to carry. I hope no departments actually buy into this device.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    The only people who will make money from this idea are lawyers and the families of suspects killed when the inevitable occurs. The fact that someone is stupid enough to invent this thing does not shock or worry me as there are plenty of idiot inventors out there. What does concern me is that there are people in law enforcement at a high enough level to purchase items for their agency who will actually consider such a thing.

I can almost see the late night deep cable commercial for this product, down to an actor dressed as a cop deliberately being as awkward as possible with a Tazer or fumbling with pepper spray.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Is the ball made of metal like it absolutely looks like it is? And is a piece of metal moving at [whatever velocity it moves at after being hit by a service caliber pistol bullet that was moving at muzzle velocity] really not deadly force? Especially if it hits someone above shoulder level or on top of their heart?

That's of course in addition to all the other problems, but my lawyer brain immediately went to "can I argue this is deadly force."

Just give me my sap back...

Always a great idea to futz around with a loaded gun in the middle of a “situation”.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

HOLY HELL. In what galaxy is that a good idea. "OK, Marge, let's FIRE our pistol at a muzzle impediment while aimed at someone." How f*****g stupid.

I would say the inventor needs to be lobotomized but, alas, NO BRAIN...

Maybe they could get more traction for the thing if they called it a bullet condom?

There's a lot of gun products made by people who know nothing about guns.

This is one of them.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That's so damned stupid it burns. What happens when you have an accidental double? Or it falls off? Or it's ineffective and you need another?
    Then you lethal someone you wanted to less-lethal. Don't worry, just apologize, "my bad", and it's all good. How accurate is that ball bearing anyway? Imagine hitting somebody in the dome with that. Imagine Officer Nervous shooting their own hand while trying to use it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List