Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the worst less-lethal idea out there or am I being too narrow-minded?

Is this the worst less-lethal idea out there or am I being too narrow-minded?

A small local agency is considering purchasing this thing. A command-level guy I know there asked me what I thought and my response was something along the lines of "OMG, that is one of the worst ideas ever."

Name:  Screenshot_2021-01-04 THE ALTERNATIVE® to lethal force .jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  29.9 KB

https://www.alternativeballistics.com/

I elaborated on why I felt that way, and can do so here if anyone wants to know, but primarily I was wondering if anyone else has seen this thing/evaluated it and if maybe I am off base in hating the idea? I did not do a search here, since "less lethal" or "alternative" would have produced a bucket load of threads.

Honestly, I'm shocked this product is still around. Every time it pops up people roast the shit out of, and rightfully so.

Speaking as a property and casualty underwriter formerly specializing in tough products liability risks, this is just about the worst idea I’ve ever seen.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Honestly, I'm shocked this product is still around. Every time it pops up people roast the shit out of, and rightfully so.
    I see it has been around awhile, but this is the first I heard of it, thankfully.

Site Supporter
    Seems a way for an excited officer to get a round or the ball into one's hand. So you have to put it on before as doing it during an incident would seem to put you behind the temporal curve. Thus, you disable your more lethal options when said bad person deploys lethal force, surprise!. Thus, you need some to cover you while you play with your ball.

Now since less than lethal projectiles have killed some folks (that woman who was killed by a pepper ball) what is the differential risk as compared to a spray or taser? Proven efficacy on nuts vs. soccer moms.

I suggest it might be a good tool for responding to upscale hotel fraudulent cell phone claims of thief and assaults on teenagers. The attacker could be bopped with this. This is a joke, BTW.

Site Supporter
    First I've ever seen this...

First thing that came to mind...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

It's a clown nose for a Glock.

Clown shoes sold separately.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

LOL when I clicked on the thread but before I saw your post, I was wondering "Could it be something worse than that ping-pong ball thing for Glocks from a couple years ago?"

With the amount of negligent Taser discharges I've seen, adding a contraption such as this to a sidearm would guarantee hilarity would ensue.

Please do not send that link to my admin types. I beg of thee.

Regards.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    That's so damned stupid it burns. What happens when you have an accidental double? Or it falls off? Or it's ineffective and you need another?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List