Thread: Hornady Rapid Safe feedback?

Hornady Rapid Safe feedback?

I'm looking into ways to keep an AR and shotgun secured when the grandkid(s) come over but still handy for the 99% of the time they aren't here. Does anyone have any feedback on the AR or shotgun versions of the Hornady Rapid Safe?

I know they won't stop someone that has the time or dedication and I'm not thrilled using battery powered security products, I just need them to keep an 8 year old out when he's here and my non-mechanically inclined wife to be able to get in if I'm not here.

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

If you have the space, how about a job box, (I have a Knaack 42), that you can purchase from various vendors or manufacturers, including Lowes, Home Depot, Acme, Northern Tool etc.?

You only have to use a padlock, so your wife can have one of the keys, making it pretty simple and straightforward. Just something for your consideration.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I've got a safe, this is for items in the house I keep at the ready. I'm looking for something I can mount to the wall instead of just stashing them in the closet.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I have a long gun version of the Rapid Safe. I like the fact that it plugs into a wall outlet, so the battery is just a backup. Mine became unplugged, and the battery was still working 2 weeks later when I discovered it.

My concern is similar to yours: I depend on hardening my house to keep thieves out, and this container is to keep kids away from the gun. For that purpose, it works well.

I used an RFID key fob for awhile, but it broke off my keychain. I prefer to just punch in the number combination. Doing so is reasonably fast and totally reliable.

I do not know if this safe has been tested by any YouTube stars who specialize in defeating such products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List