View Poll Results: What are your marksmanship and gun handling goals for 2021?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing.

0 0%
  • Maintain current level of proficiency.

8 15.09%
  • Achieve a higher performance level in USPSA.

8 15.09%
  • Achieve a higher performance level in other competitive shooting sport.

3 5.66%
  • Attain a higher performance level on published defensive drills.

18 33.96%
  • Improve specific parts of my marksmanship and gun handling without specific end goals as listed above.

16 30.19%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What are your 2021 marksmanship and gun handling goals?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    B level in USPSA
    I've missed this by a few % several times, so it continues to be my goal as well. Best running average I've achieved so far was something like 57.5% IIRC, so it's definitely within range if I can force myself to commit to the requisite amount of dry fire.

Hoping to get to Africa in August (was cancelled last year due to COVID). I need to get prepped with my hunting rifles: a 30-06 and a 375 H&H. Will need to be able to shoot standing with sticks; prone, sitting, and some improvised positions. I want to be able to hit a USPSA target COM on demand at 0-400 yds with the 30-06 and 0-200 yds with the 375. Since ammo is at a premium (I handload), every shot will count. I have a copy of my 30-06 in 308 so this should help. The last time I shot these rifles was over a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I've missed this by a few % several times, so it continues to be my goal as well. Best running average I've achieved so far was something like 57.5% IIRC, so it's definitely within range if I can force myself to commit to the requisite amount of dry fire.
    Good luck! I just have to commit to sucking less.

Work concealed Hip-Grip draws to single hits on 6" circular and smaller targets from 3-30 yards dry and live. In livefire, presentations from various ready and the draw to between one and three rounds. Three round strings probably primaripy mozambiques to vary make the last shot more difficult, force shift in gears, and some gun movement. I don't anticipate ammunition and component supply to stabilize before '22 at the most optimistic so conservation will be the plan.

Discontinue AR practice to focus rifle time on rimfire plinkers and quarterly hunting rifles. Defensive long gun will continue to focus on shotgun with a bit of PCC. Primarily making ready from storage condition and presentations to single or paired hits within 80 yards.

Use an outlaw 3 Gun match or two, if possible, as a colparative test of my regimen within a mixed group.

More cardio, kettlebell, hiking, and camping in my freed up hobby time. Hunt hard in the 2021-2022 season. Read more, surf internet less.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Hoping to get to Africa in August (was cancelled last year due to COVID). I need to get prepped with my hunting rifles: a 30-06 and a 375 H&H. Will need to be able to shoot standing with sticks; prone, sitting, and some improvised positions. I want to be able to hit a USPSA target COM on demand at 0-400 yds with the 30-06 and 0-200 yds with the 375. Since ammo is at a premium (I handload), every shot will count. I have a copy of my 30-06 in 308 so this should help. The last time I shot these rifles was over a year ago.
    What sticks do you use?

Reach 25/25 in trap

I voted “other “in the poll. In the realm of handgunning, these lazy days in retirement find me shooting pistols just enough to maintain proficiency. As you get closer to retirement, everybody advises you to try something new, so I took up the game of trap. My personal best so far in that shooting sport is 23/25, which I have reached several times. Hopefully, 2021 will be that magic year that I can clean a round at “25”.

I haven't practiced at all, save a little dry fire, in a very long time. I intend to return to it immediately, like this week. I'd like to compete a little, get my range membership back together, and feel competent heading to Gunsite in April; to put some metrics around it, I'd like to be below 2 seconds for 2 rounds to a B8 bull at 7y, and 1 at 15, on demand; and I'd like to be able to reliably score all 8s or better at least two handed and ideally SHO at 25 with no time pressure. That's all by April -- I'll re-set goals after the class.

Site Supporter
    I have 3 main shooting goals, though in general I just need to improve across the board.

I'd like all of these to be repeatable on demand by the end of June. Will see where I go after that.
    1. Sub 1.25s draw to the -0 head at 7 yards from concealment.
    2. All in the black 10 shots at 25yrds. All on the repair center paper SHO/WHO.
    3. 25/25 skeet with my 12ga (this one won't take much, just need to get back into the shotgun a bit). Also want to get tubes and start working on 20ga.

I'm also hoping to start shooting competitively. There is a match near me this weekend that I may try to attend. Never been to one so it should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    What sticks do you use?
    I have an old Bog Pod tripod sticks but I also made a replica of what they use is Africa: 3 sticks and vacuum cleaner belt like thing.

User Tag List