View Poll Results: What are your marksmanship and gun handling goals for 2021?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing.

0 0%
  • Maintain current level of proficiency.

8 15.09%
  • Achieve a higher performance level in USPSA.

8 15.09%
  • Achieve a higher performance level in other competitive shooting sport.

3 5.66%
  • Attain a higher performance level on published defensive drills.

18 33.96%
  • Improve specific parts of my marksmanship and gun handling without specific end goals as listed above.

16 30.19%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your 2021 marksmanship and gun handling goals?

I reckon that the most applicable would be: “Improve specific parts of my marksmanship and gun handling without specific end goals as listed above.“

2020 was such a bust, improving upon it should not be a difficult task.
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-04-2021 at 07:30 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Get classified in USPSA.
    Shoot 90% of rounds through LTT full size
    Take a class with top level competition instructor. Wishfully Stoeger.
    Sub 2 second Bill Drill
    100 on 25 yard B-8
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I managed to get me shooting a 5.64 clean on video: https://youtu.be/ssSECLRAli4?t=215
    That is some fine shooting, and a *scorching* reload.

To be frank, I think that sub 7 with a snub is beyond my abilities, probably for good. My memory is that there are a whole bunch of really good shooters sitting comfortably between 6 and 7 seconds with 1911s and Glocks and stuff.

That said, I have the pure marksmanship to get the headbox, so it’s just ongoing refinement and the reload, right?

The goal exercise will for sure make me a more monster snub guy, and that’s the point.

I’ll let everyone know when I break 7.

In the meantime, that’s hot shit with the GP, Caleb.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    How is the Miculek style of reloading coming along? (ie shifting gun to offhand for right hand to reload) Saw you mention checking that out on FB.
    It's real fast, I see now why Jerry does it that way. I need to dry fire more.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My shooting goal is to be able to keep up with my wife.
    My shooting goal is to keep up with my wife's spending so I can afford to shoot.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Increase proficiency with hunting arms, both centerfire rifle (varmints and big game) and shotgun (rabbits, squirrels, upland birds).

Get more practiced getting the rifle into action quickly. I have the mechanics of “set up a shot, wait for the animal to present the best angle, squeeze and kill it” down. I am still too slow to get it into action, whether for long or for close range snap shooting. And my new rifle and I need to just get more comfortable together in general. Got to load more for all rifles, and shoot them more this year. Or at least put a few bricks through the .22 analogues and a couple of boxes through the hunting arms.

Shotgun - actually practice so I don’t just fling pellets in the air for doves to juke around. Covid kinda made going to the trap and skeet range unattractive. Assemble the clay thrower that’s been sitting under my work bench for I’m not saying how long so I’m not as dependent on the shotgun range if I want to go bust clays.

Student
    I spend too much time on handguns.

I have barely done anything with my AR last year outside of a couple classes and zeroing, and I have yet to even set up my 1301 let alone start any dry practice with it.

Shoot more.

Sporting clays, USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge... I don’t care. I’m just hoping to do more shooting where keeping score is involved. Once I started shooting for score nearly 20 years ago, I’ve been unable to go back to any sort of plinking, dirt-shooting, etc.

The biggest challenge for the last 5+ years has been the distance to any sort of range where these kinds of options are available. It’s an hour each way, minimum, and with work and family time that’s a hard bit to take out of the calendar.

Fortunately my wife enjoys sporting clays and the kids enjoy keeping score and playing trapper so we can take them with us to shoot clays. That same range has lodging and hosts action shooting matches of various varieties so my hope is to get us all up there for a couple of overnighters. So what should have been a morning activity costing me about $100/event in the “old days” will now turn into a 36 hour commitment costing me $500.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Handgun goals:
    Consistently perform a IWB two second one hand draw from pullover garment concealment and hit the black of a B8 at seven yards with the standard Glock pistol. My current time is around 2.5 seconds.
    Do more WHO shooting at three and five yards.
    Work on snub pocket draw at three yards or less to achieve a first shot hit on a B8 in about a second.
    Maintain a regular dry fire schedule with revolvers and SIG P250.
    Rifle goals:
    Work on position shooting fundamentals at home with Garand equipped with proper sling:
    Maybe take an AR class this year if one is offered locally.
    Shotgun goals:
    Buy a small game license, break out the ‘49 Ithaca 20 gauge double and hit the woods a couple of times between now and 2/28 since deer season is now over.
    Work on manipulation of the issued Mossberg pump with dummy rounds and take advantage of ammo availability when working the range. A lot can be accomplished during a lunch break.

Find a Firearms Instructor course for POST.

Get a lot better with my bolt gun for work.

Maintain proficiency with carbine at 200m+.

WHO/SHO pistol shooting and gun handling, mainly for shield work.

More dry fire.

More matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List