View Poll Results: What are your marksmanship and gun handling goals for 2021?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing.

0 0%
  • Maintain current level of proficiency.

8 15.09%
  • Achieve a higher performance level in USPSA.

8 15.09%
  • Achieve a higher performance level in other competitive shooting sport.

3 5.66%
  • Attain a higher performance level on published defensive drills.

18 33.96%
  • Improve specific parts of my marksmanship and gun handling without specific end goals as listed above.

16 30.19%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your 2021 marksmanship and gun handling goals?

What are your 2021 marksmanship and gun handling goals?

What are your marksmanship and gun handling goals for 2021?

Can be objective or subjective.
    Also list how you plan on getting to those goals.

For me I keep waffling between trying to get as good as I can with my carry gun versus going up a size of gun and chasing objective published benchmarks. I might set an interim 3 month goal with my carry gun and if at a flat plateau say “good enough” and move on to something else.

Currently trying to reliably do “Finding Your Level” at Level 4, but cannot clean it right now with a P365.

Smoother and more efficient draws from duty and concealment with tons of dry fire.

If ammo ever comes back I’ll focus on support hand only plus more 50 yard bullseye.

Plus drills like Supertest, hat qual, etc.

This year I am working towards:

Cleaning Chuck Pressburg's No Fail.

Shooting all in the black at 50 yards on B8.

Cleaning (not just passing) the iHack with a <2.5 par.

Max the Mad Half Minute with 110/110pts.

Max the 10-8 pistol test.

Cold, with carry gun.

Very close to some of these already, or haven't done them cold. But lofty goals for sure. Overall, I think I will be shooting less this year than ever before, so that should make things interesting.
    Taking a break from social media.

With the J Frame:

Passing the HiTS snub super test

With the Glock 45 and 43X:

100 on a B8 at 25 yards
    10/10 in the A zone at 50

With the BCM:

100 on a B8 at 100 yards
    100 on the NRA 200 yard bullseye

With the G34 and G48:

95 on The Test, cold
    90 on 25 yds, slow fire
    10/10 on Find Your Level at 5 yards
    Clean Dot Torture (lite) at 3 yards
    190 or better on Rangemaster Basic Pistol Skills Test

And:

Take two new shooters to the range in 2021
    Be shooting Classifiers above 40% by year end in USPSA
    Place above 50% of all shooters at the Polite Society Shooting Match in March at TacCon

With hopes that I can get back to normal training and practicing.

Pass the Pressburg No Fail drill.

Make "A" class in Steel Challenge. (would love to make it in USPSA as well but I may have lost too much ground in the last couple years)

Largely this will be accomplished by easing back in to a rigorous dry fire routine.

Get my ass back to regular dry fire. This time I’m going to focus on working from concealment and low ready instead of working from a USPSA Production rig like I did in years past. I’ve just..... I guess completely lost interest in USPSA and even after a multi year layoff it’s not coming back.

So I guess my overall shooting goals are much more defensive in nature as opposed to competitive. I want to be able to consistently pass the DeFoor Hat Qual. I want to be able to clean the HiTS Snub Super Test and the Revolver Super Test. The D-Platoon quals (A and B), those I want to be able to have 100% hits in the black. I want to be able to consistently shoot instructor level scores on the FBI Qual.

I’m going to work on my FASTest this year also. For all the time I’ve been on P-F, I’ve only shot that one a handful of times. I’d like to see what I can do with it.

It’s going to be interesting to see how much of this I can actually do considering I’m more limited in free time than I ever was before. Still, I think with where I am the goals are reachable if they do the right work.

Try to stay relaxed when shooting. Try to be intense when moving. That's all.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I want to lower my records in our local Outlaw Steel Challenge.
    The 3 divisions I focus on are PCC, Rimfire Rifle, and Rimfire Pistol.
    If I were to put numbers on my goals

PCC <38sec
    RR <37sec
    RP <41sec

I don't have any specific plans to reach these goals other than to try real hard. I run 4+ matches a month so I never actually practice. If I'm lucky I'll get to run one of the OP's drills a few times after match setup.

Goal: sub 7-second FAST (advanced) w/LCR. May not sound like much, but anyone who has shot both a FAST and an LCR may well bet against me. It’ll be fun trying, and I’ve got a stash of .38 ammo, so...

(There should be a time add for using a wheelie, IMHO. Anyone who can do the drill in under 6 is absolutely expert level. I know that @jetfire did it at one point. 8 seconds would be pretty damn advanced with a snub. My .02)
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List