Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tenicor Holster Hole Placement Issues

As a fellow lefty, I hope the friend gets his issue resolved with Tenicor. They're the only ones who can address it.

Having said that, I find it odd, as there are some differences between the left and right versions of the holster in these pictures.

On the molded belt area, the one on the left has three holes and four slots; the one on the right has two holes and four slots. The holes on the right one are on two "bumps" under the slots; the one on the left, the upper left hole is made on one of the slot bump outs. So it's not like the mold used for the right was just "flipped", it's a different shape.

The upper slide insertion area on the left one has a ramped indentation, the one on the right is square all the way down, and then it assumes the shape of the holster. As is they were molded for pistols with two different safety levers or mag releases or something?

These are pretty subtle differences but it doesn't look like the one was meant to be a mirror image of the other (which is what I normally find when buying left hand holsters. Usually the attachment mold area is shaped identical, since the clips/loops are identical.

Just seems like there is something else going on here. I do hope the OP's friend gets this figured out, however.

Closing thread until @jeffm gets a chance to respond or is contacted by normal means by the friend himself. I think it’s because of the staggered holes on the clips, but I’d contact Tenicor and handle it myself.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    A friend purchased an AIWB/IWB Left Handed holster from Tenicor recently for 1911/2011 pistols. Can anybody tell me why the hole spacing, etc looks just like that of a right handed version and not more like a mirror image. He says it does not allow for ease of IWB cant angle adjustment, but somehow made it work. This is after a phone call for a replacement holster (delivered) which was expected to fix the problem and was identical to the first. Engineering oversight, quality control issues, WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??

Attachment 65642Attachment 65642
    @Thy.Will.Be.Done,

Thanks for reaching out. I apologize if you and your friend are having a challenging time with our product or service. I don’t recall this specific incident and Russ, who handles 95%, of CS issues did not recall it either. I searched our email archive and did not find a similar related CS issue. If you provide an order number or name/email, then I’d have somewhere to start to find the email thread to see what correspondence took place.

The holsters you posted look correct. They are not suppose to be mirror image. I wish mirror image would work as it would be much easier. The issue is the T1 clip with staggered slot design (as other have suggested). We don’t make custom LH clips and the clips aren’t mirror image like most attachments. So the holes and slots on the LH holster can’t be mirror image to RH. It is a huge pain in the butt to make the LH version of the CERTUM and CERTUM LUX. The hole pattern is complex (it took me a long time to figure it out), so it doesn’t surprise me when a customer isn’t tracking immediately on how it works. That is one of the reasons why we have setup and install youtube videos

CERTUM3 LH IWB Setup: https://youtu.be/JDAmLYJhAtw
    CERTUM3 LH AIWB Setup: https://youtu.be/oSruHN5B_RI

The product you have pictured are designed correctly for LH AIWB and LH Hip carry with up to a 30 degree forward cant.

Here is a pic of the RH holster and LH holster with T1 clips overlaid to illustrate how the holes are intended to line up.
    Name:  IMG_7596.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  61.7 KB
    Here is a screen shot of a CAD model to show how the design is very intentional and not some quality control oversight.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 7.22.11 AM.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  69.9 KB
    We understand our products don’t work for everyone. We also offer an 100% satisfaction guarantee where we pay for your return shipping and refund the entire cost including the original shipping. All one has to do is ask… Thanks for your patience and consideration.
    Head of Development and Strategy, Tenicor

I think his buddy Karen will be just fine..

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    As a fellow lefty, I hope the friend gets his issue resolved with Tenicor. They're the only ones who can address it.

Having said that, I find it odd, as there are some differences between the left and right versions of the holster in these pictures.

On the molded belt area, the one on the left has three holes and four slots; the one on the right has two holes and four slots. The holes on the right one are on two "bumps" under the slots; the one on the left, the upper left hole is made on one of the slot bump outs. So it's not like the mold used for the right was just "flipped", it's a different shape.

The upper slide insertion area on the left one has a ramped indentation, the one on the right is square all the way down, and then it assumes the shape of the holster. As is they were molded for pistols with two different safety levers or mag releases or something?

These are pretty subtle differences but it doesn't look like the one was meant to be a mirror image of the other (which is what I normally find when buying left hand holsters. Usually the attachment mold area is shaped identical, since the clips/loops are identical.

Just seems like there is something else going on here. I do hope the OP's friend gets this figured out, however.
    RJ. Thanks for your comment regarding our product. There are no guns that I am aware of that are straight up a mirror image from right to left. That said, many holster companies make their products mirror image. This is done because the design/manufacturing process is simplified and not because the holster design is optimized. There are times that we make a feature mirror image, there are other times when the mirror image feature is counter to performance. We strive to make the highest performing concealment products in the world, so I’d expect that you’d see many features on our LH holsters that are NOT mirror image from the RH. I’d argue this is because, we care and are trying to do right by our LH customers and not looking to short cut things even though lefties represent less than 10% of our sales.

The hole/slot pattern is not mirror image because of the staggered slot design in the T1 clip (as others have mentioned). It would be much easier if we could make it mirror image, but It won’t work with the T1. The blocking you appear to be referring to is also intentionally not mirror image (it would be easier if it was). That is for the slide stop on the 1911/2011. There is not an identical slide stop on the right side of the gun, so it doesn’t make sense to us to put blocking there for something that doesn’t exist. There is some blocking on the right side as the pin for the slide stop protrudes out to the right on some 1911/2011s. The blocking for the safety is Ambi as may 1911/2011 have ambi safeties.

Thanks for your concern and consideration.
    Head of Development and Strategy, Tenicor

Quote Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
    RJ. Thanks for your comment regarding our product. There are no guns that I am aware of that are straight up a mirror image from right to left. That said, many holster companies make their products mirror image. This is done because the design/manufacturing process is simplified and not because the holster design is optimized. There are times that we make a feature mirror image, there are other times when the mirror image feature is counter to performance. We strive to make the highest performing concealment products in the world, so I’d expect that you’d see many features on our LH holsters that are NOT mirror image from the RH. I’d argue this is because, we care and are trying to do right by our LH customers and not looking to short cut things even though lefties represent less than 10% of our sales.

The hole/slot pattern is not mirror image because of the staggered slot design in the T1 clip (as others have mentioned). It would be much easier if we could make it mirror image, but It won’t work with the T1. The blocking you appear to be referring to is also intentionally not mirror image (it would be easier if it was). That is for the slide stop on the 1911/2011. There is not an identical slide stop on the right side of the gun, so it doesn’t make sense to us to put blocking there for something that doesn’t exist. There is some blocking on the right side as the pin for the slide stop protrudes out to the right on some 1911/2011s. The blocking for the safety is Ambi as may 1911/2011 have ambi safeties.

Thanks for your concern and consideration.
    Thanks. I appreciate the information. That AuoCAD model rendering is not something I’ve found very common in holster applications. Nice. As a lefty, I also appreciate the design effort, especially for us ‘wrong’ handed people. I’ll definitely look further into the Tenicor product line in future.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-04-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Jeff Mau is a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Jeff Mau is a class act.
    For sure. I knew Jeff/Tenicor would take care of this. While I’ve never interacted with Jeff personally, the Tenicor products I own are fantastic and the customer service I’ve received from Russ was even better. My Certum 3 is one of my favorite holsters.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Jeff Mau is a class act.

Don't know Jeff except via p-f, but just to give credit where credit is due, I've got four left-handed Tenicor holsters, and they're very well designed and quite functional.

FWIW, not all Kydex AIWB holster makers cater to that 12.5% of the population that's "wrong-handed", and we southpaws think well of Tenicor.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I still have no idea what OP was complaining about. Lack of enantiomeric behavior in his “friend’s” L vs R holster? The folks at Tenicor are far better souls than myself as I would straight troll this 8 days a week. God bless.

User Tag List