Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So which companies are making the “best” 2011’s?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I'm aware of how the 2011 frame works. In fact I used to live about ninety miles from Virgil Tripp and spent a bit of time talking to him as well as having work done by him.

So a 2011 chassis with a titanium/steel/aluminum mag section. Isn't that still a 2011?

Regardless I'd still suggest having something built exactly to spec as opposed to buying something pre-assembled. No point getting someone else's gun if money is of no real import.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I guess it could be seen as spilling hairs, but the old Para double stacks were just that, double stack 1911’s. The STI 2011 and it’s clones are a little different.

I did design my own build with the Infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Considering other examples of your collection that I've seen around here, I think that nothing other than Infinity or Limcat with an island barrel will do. Since you already have Atlas with Infinity on the way, Limcat is what left to be had. Cheely doesn't build anymore except for an occasional unit for sale.
    Thank you. Going to take a look at Limcat.

Yes, Atlas Gunworks builds an awesome pistol. Here's my Hyperion. Its an incredibly shooter.

Last edited by bac1023; 01-02-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Above my level of interest, but there were folks waiting in line at Phoenix Trinity for the Honcho.
    Sold in package deals with multiple barrels for different competition events and divisions, it has their 2011 iron butt.
    It is another step away from the 1911 with linkless lockup, a cam block reminiscent of HK, Peter Stahl, and Jarvis.

Not expensive for the type if you don't need a package deal with four barrels; just scope one out at their Race Shop menu.
    https://ptrinity.com/product-category/honcho/

I have no idea as to the true quality vs other name builders.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Thank you. Going to take a look at Limcat.

Yes, Atlas Gunworks builds an awesome pistol. Here's my Hyperion. Its an incredibly shooter.

Great pics. I've seen and handled a couple of Atlases, Titan and Erebus, those felt great. I haven't handled them with the Alpha grip. Like it?

The Wildcat that I saw once in a real life looked absolutely sick. Post pics when you get yours
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Great pics. I've seen and handled a couple of Atlases, Titan and Erebus, those felt great. I haven't handled them with the Alpha grip. Like it?

The Wildcat that I saw once in a real life looked absolutely sick. Post pics when you get yours
    The Alpha grip texture is pretty sharp and definitely designed with shooting gloves in mind, but it feels very secure in hand. I love everything about it.

I’ll have to check out Limcat’s site again. I was on it a few months back, looking at the Tomcat. I’ll check out the Wildcat too. Not sure the difference. I definitely don’t want an open spec gun, as I don’t like optics. Limited only. If I remember right, pricing is up there with Infinity and Atlas.

Edit: I just looked at Limcat’s site again and I guess it was the Wildcat I was looking at. Not sure why the Tomcat name stuck in my head, but that’s their 1911.
    Last edited by bac1023; 01-02-2021 at 04:05 PM.

I know this is going back many years, but I’ve seen a lot of problematic Limcats back in the day. Maybe they’re better now.?.?

They are rare enough around here so sample sizes are small but I've not heard much of bad stuff. That said, JJ's went down a couple of years ago during the Nationals, that much I remember.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    It isn't out yet, is much less expensive than those other options, and may or may not be considered a 2011, but I would be very interested to see you get a Dan Wesson DWX to compare to those 2011's.
    I’ll pick up a DWX as well, but definitely not a 2011. It’s certainly cool though, if it ever comes out that is.

If this thread has attracted anyone who might want the "cheapest" rather than the "best" 2011...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    If this thread has attracted anyone who might want the "cheapest" rather than the "best" 2011...

I’ve heard a lot of good things about BUL Armory. I never shot one though.

User Tag List