Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So which companies are making the “best” 2011’s?

So which companies are making the “best” 2011’s?

Full disclosure: I don’t compete and don’t really have plans to. That being said, I know there are quite a few members who compete on a high level here. I also know “2011” is an STI term, so I’ll say 2011 clone instead.

I have a lack of these in my collection and enjoy shooting them. By “best” I mean best shooting, slickest, highest quality, etc. The only parameters I’ll mention is that I don’t care for polymer grip frames. I’ll also mention that I’m not worried about the cost, provided it’s a fair price for what you’re getting.

I did pick up an Atlas Hyperion a couple months back and it’s awesome. I also ordered a high cap 9mm from Infinity that should be ready in the spring.

I want maybe two more, as I like to compare and contrast. Who else should I consider?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Site Supporter
    If you're looking for a really high end double stack, perhaps you should consider Chambers Custom.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Off the top off my head; Infinity, Cheely custom gunworks, Limcat, Brazos custom and Atlas I have seen in the wild and know satisfied owners of. Infinity and Limcat are pretty much the gold standard
    I have head good things about Venom custom. Cheely, Brazos, and Venom can all make a decent gun for around 3k, the others are close to double that.

I picked up a used STI DVC L last year and it has functioned fine so far, cosmetically it leaves a bit to be desired though, the interior looks like it was hand chiseled.

On the competition side, one of my very competent friend uses this guy: https://www.emgcustoms.com/

I am interested in how the double stack Nighthawks shake out.

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    I don’t care for polymer grip frames.
    Doesn't this pretty much limit your choices to Para or Caspian frame guns? Does anyone even make a Para frame now other than the Filipinos?

Given that price is not a concern I'd suggest going with a gunsmith known to the UPSPA crowd. Have a gun built that's exactly what you're after to include your own cocking serrations, choice of front and rear sights, etc. Something that is truly unique and exactly what you want.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It isn't out yet, is much less expensive than those other options, and may or may not be considered a 2011, but I would be very interested to see you get a Dan Wesson DWX to compare to those 2011's.

Alchemy Custom will be building 2011 pistols. I do not know if the Phoenix Trinity metal grip frames will be options.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Doesn't this pretty much limit your choices to Para or Caspian frame guns? Does anyone even make a Para frame now other than the Filipinos?
    Oh God no. I don’t even consider the Para frames to be 2011 frames. 2011’s have a separate frame and grip. There’s plenty that aren’t polymer.

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Oh God no. I don’t even consider the Para frames to be 2011 frames. 2011’s have a separate frame and grip. There’s plenty that aren’t polymer.
    I'm aware of how the 2011 frame works. In fact I used to live about ninety miles from Virgil Tripp and spent a bit of time talking to him as well as having work done by him.

So a 2011 chassis with a titanium/steel/aluminum mag section. Isn't that still a 2011?

Regardless I'd still suggest having something built exactly to spec as opposed to buying something pre-assembled. No point getting someone else's gun if money is of no real import.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Considering other examples of your collection that I've seen around here, I think that nothing other than Infinity or Limcat with an island barrel will do. Since you already have Atlas with Infinity on the way, Limcat is what left to be had. Cheely doesn't build anymore except for an occasional unit for sale.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List