Thread: Is this Holster Legal for USPSA Production?

Is this Holster Legal for USPSA Production?

I needed an expedient solution to allow me to use my new G34.5 for Dry practice for USPSA. So I cut off the bottom of my Blade Tech G19.5 OWB, but now the gun sticks through.

Name:  22A3962D-FC02-4664-92EE-E9B91A678ABA.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  26.6 KB

I was going to order a new BT G34 holster, but I got to wondering, is this legal for USPSA as is? I could only find this reference in the rule book:

Name:  FB622255-7350-43F4-8BA8-D87ECA155AAE.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  58.2 KB

I guess I kinda sorta created a ‘Yaqui’ holster, by happenstance, but I don’t think that applies. I’m not really sure though, what they mean about 1/2” to the ejection port? Bottom line, would this be a legal rig in a USPSA match?

I am not aware of a requirement for full muzzle coverage, although you will get black soot on your pants. The measurement you mentioned has to do with how much the front of the holster has to cover, measured from the top.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks. @GJM. I am just doing local matches, but didn’t want to be out of compliance. I think I must be ok because if I measure, I’m covered beyond 1/2” past the ejection port...pretty sure. Just trying to save $79.99 if I can.

I see protruding muzzles all the time.
    It's either allowable or nobody cares.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Not seeing any issues.

I will note that if you sit down wrong you will pop the gun out of the holster and possibly onto the deck.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I will note that if you sit down wrong you will pop the gun out of the holster and possibly onto the deck.
    Oops. Good point.

User Tag List