Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New or Newish Book on Force

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    We used rechargeable batteries for the M-26's which helped quite a bit. We did purchase some X2's later on, but I believe I wasone of the very few that carried out. A couple who selected the X2 opted to go to the X-26M's. I'd agree the X2 was bulky, complicated, and possibly more prone to failure. I'm just happy we didn't go with the even more complex X3. I understand the new X7 is an improvement, but I haven't seen one yet.

As far as success in the field, a few years ago LAPD, Topeka, and my former department were running about 50-60%. While used much less often, Sabre Red OC pretty much always worked.
    Sabre Red OC was almost always effective for me. High 90s for sure. I had some pretty good successes with it. Best of all it was just above verbal commands policy wise. Just before I retired they put out a new Taser policy and OC use rose spectacularly.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I got about 60 pages in and called it quits. Maybe I’ll pick it up again later, but since I started up with my masters program today I’ve got other things to read that take priority.

From what I did read it would be an ok read for someone that was totally clueless about non-lethal force. But I was like “meh”.

2 things that stuck out to me - he seems to be a proponent of having a force continuum in your policy. And seemed to still be a proponent of the old 21’ rule. Both of which I disagree with.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List