Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MA outlines plan to ban gas vehicles by 2035 & convert homes to electric heat

MA outlines plan to ban gas vehicles by 2035 & convert homes to electric heat

This should work well in the northeast during the winter.

https://www.wpri.com/new-england/mas...sions-by-2050/

Massachusetts has released a plan to eliminate greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, which includes in part a requirement that all new cars sold in the state be electric by 2035 and converting 1 million homes from fossil fuel to electric heat.

The plan came in two reports issued Wednesday by the administration of Gov. Charlie Baker — the Massachusetts 2050 Decarbonization Roadmap Report and an interim 2030 Clean Energy and Climate Plan.

The reports detail policies and strategies to cost-effectively reduce emissions and combat climate change.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This should work well in the northeast during the winter.

https://www.wpri.com/new-england/mas...sions-by-2050/
    Oh, *that’s* going to work. Is MA going to fast track a dozen nukes?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I wonder how much of a kickback the politicians behind that are getting from the electric company.

Site Supporter
    Good luck with that. As someone who lives through real winter, electric heat could be more than a mortgage every month in the middle of winter.

No way to actual pull this off without a huge increase in energy production. If they actually try it I predicted wood stove sales would go through the roof.

I'll be curious how they plan to generate all that electricity, and where they're going to acquire all the raw materials to make all those batteries.

I have nothing against electric cars. Damn things are faster than hell. But I greatly distrust people telling me what I have to do for my own good.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Oh, *that’s* going to work. Is MA going to fast track a dozen nukes?
    One good modern nuke would probably solve most of our problems with MA. Not sure about the fallout. Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I'll be curious how they plan to generate all that electricity
    A few bigass high pressure natural gas pipelines going to plants, instead of several smaller lower pressure natural gas pipelines.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

The lawmakers also know it is not possible. Politicians also can't command businesses to do things so this is a way to force businesses to respond to their electric fantasies.

They just know if we spend enough that windmills and forests of solar panels will work.

Remember also that Obama said we Mericans need to get used to paying more for energy. In the name of fairness of course.

California has similar goals and want to phase out hydrocarbon based vehicles by 2035 as well.

They also did not have enough power to operate the state this year, because they stopped using hydrocarbon based power production. I see rolling blackouts in MASS's future.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 01-01-2021 at 04:50 PM. Reason: grammer

Site Supporter
    When someone hacks the grid and all the cars are out of volts and amps, get a can of electricity out of the back and pour it into the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I'll be curious how they plan to generate all that electricity, and where they're going to acquire all the raw materials to make all those batteries.

I have nothing against electric cars. Damn things are faster than hell. But I greatly distrust people telling me what I have to do for my own good.
    There are a few really interesting developments in the battery field, Tesla in particular has been pouring money into development with some really interesting work on changing cathode and anode materials (not to mention vertical integration of their supply chain). VW has also been doing a pretty good job of ramping their battery supply plan as well.

...The rest of the automakers, they are going to be having a rough time fighting over whats left. I suspect that China will re-direct whatever domestic production/materials they need to keep factories in China running (like Nio, Volvo, and Tesla), but the further you get from the middle kingdom, the less likely those materials will be available in a high demand environment. This is one of the few reasons that I have not yet sold my ridiculously over-valued tesla stock, because they are one of the very few companies actually positioning themselves to deal with what production of EVs at massive scale will actually require.

User Tag List