Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GOOD MORNING from Communist Free Lost River Country!

Ithaca model 37 with fixed mod. choked barrel stuffed 4+1 of Remington 1oz #6 shot 16 gauge and more in my vest, Ruger Single-Six on the belt with couple cylinders spare ammo in my right front pocket with my Case trapper, small leather Ka-Bar behind the wheelgun. Greys locked down tight, hares bunkered from the fox that got one last night, and grouse cocky as can be with their season closed.

About to trade the Single-Six for a 2" S&W model 10 plus a 22LR LCR. Little Ka-Bar staying because it can.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Idaho is beautiful and Wyoming is a windswept, desolate, horrible place
    I used to like you.

Site Supporter
    @Lost River - I used to have a set of those Herrett's on my 5" 1911, got them from Gil Hebard. And the 1911 is still wearing the BoMar rear sight...not "BoMar-style" but the real thing. That Colt was cutting-edge technology back in the 80s.

ETA: Carrying my full-size PX4 in a JMCK IWB 3 with a spare mag in the same maker's mag pouch.
    Last edited by revchuck38; 01-01-2021 at 01:21 PM.

I love that motel key fob!

What I have been carrying the last month, going out in a little while.

Name:  sw1911sc.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  47.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

Damn, dude. Single loop tooled SS, Emerson Raven, 1911, and a hipster outside door motel tag from your daughter’s video shoot.

You are so old school, you make a one-room schoolhouse in rural Utah look like the office of diversity and inclusion at Portland State.

You should be next tier in line for vaccination, just based on that photo.

Seriously, Statler and Waldorf called: they want their EDC back...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Montana is full. I repeat: Montana is full. Temperatures approaching -30. Grizzly bears around every corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @Lost River - I used to have a set of those Herrett's on my 5" 1911, got them from Gil Hebard. And the 1911 is still wearing the BoMar rear sight...not "BoMar-style" but the real thing. That Colt was cutting-edge technology back in the 80s.

ETA: Carrying my full-size PX4 in a JMCK IWB 3 with a spare mag in the same maker's mag pouch.
    The Herretts shown came from a visit with Rod Herrett at the shop and picking a set. I wanted an "old school" set that, and those fit like elk steaks and Idaho Spuds!

Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    Montana is full. I repeat: Montana is full. Temperatures approaching -30. Grizzly bears around every corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh thats not the half of it.

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

New Year loadout. Not nearly as fancy as some of y’all’s.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Since I'm home and hanging around the house today it's just a G26 on my ankle and an AR propped up in the corner in the living room. Happy New Year everyone.

User Tag List