Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: GOOD MORNING from Communist Free Lost River Country!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

That is Super Cool news !!

Congratulations my Friend!

Daughters will make your hair go gray like nothing else. There is no doubt about it, but they can win you over with just a smile.

They also can hang with the boys when it comes to "cool factor"

Man, that is one outrageously ginormasly cool pic! Your vest buttons must have popped off years back. I'd say she can hang with boys, for sure. Good on you and her.

Cat

Hey, Lost River, you have an alibi?

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-...tands-at-rodeo
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Epic. If that gentleman is representative of the general population of Idaho in any way, the State moves to the top of my "wish I could live there State"

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

HA!

I can't imagine WTF .

That right there has got to be a transplant...

Good reason to pack a field pistol to the rodeo.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Epic. If that gentleman is representative of the general population of Idaho in any way, the State moves to the top of my "wish I could live there State"
    My thought process differs a bit. It may make for a great picture, but I see a total jackwagon, who needs his ass handed to him.

If I was the roughstock director I would want to take the pistol away from that guy and smack him over his head with it. WTF is he thinking?

Having spent a fair bit of time in the rodeo arena, I look at it quite differently. Bulls get loose all the time. They go over panels frequently. That's why there are pickup men in the arena (the two guys on horses with ropes that are present each time a rider bucks out). The pickup men are not only there to push the stock (animals) around, but to deal with safety issues. They are in a sense, lifeguards.

I have seen bulls/horses (especially wild mustangs) go over panels and get into pretty much every area possible, including escaping the rodeo grounds completely on rare occasions. 99% of the time the pickup men get control of the stock and get them put away where they need to be.

The last damned thing you want is some dude from the stands flinging bullets. There is absolutely NO safe backstop. I guarantee that guy is a city slicker who bought a hat and came to watch the rodeo. Nobody in their right mind would throw shots in that environment.

Funny picture, but that guy needs to be taken out back behind the chutes and given some wall to wall counseling by the pickup men..

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    My thought process differs a bit. It may make for a great picture, but I see a total jackwagon, who needs his ass handed to him.

If I was the roughstock director I would want to take the pistol away from that guy and smack him over his head with it. WTF is he thinking?

Having spent a fair bit of time in the rodeo arena, I look at it quite differently. Bulls get loose all the time. They go over panels frequently. That's why there are pickup men in the arena (the two guys on horses with ropes that are present each time a rider bucks out). The pickup men are not only there to push the stock (animals) around, but to deal with safety issues. They are in a sense, lifeguards.

I have seen bulls/horses (especially wild mustangs) go over panels and get into pretty much every area possible, including escaping the rodeo grounds completely on rare occasions. 99% of the time the pickup men get control of the stock and get them put away where they need to be.

The last damned thing you want is some dude from the stands flinging bullets. There is absolutely NO safe backstop. I guarantee that guy is a city slicker who bought a hat and came to watch the rodeo. Nobody in their right mind would throw shots in that environment.

Funny picture, but that guy needs to be taken out back behind the chutes and given some wall to wall counseling by the pickup men..
    Fair points all, and I certainly know when to defer to a subject matter expert and neither am I an advocate for discharging a firearm in that context. I am only viewing this through the humorous lense it was presented. It does give new meaning to "stand your ground" though!

Its a funny assed pic and see the humor in it just as GJM did. I just also see a total dipstick. Rodeos bring out retards like flies to honey.

For comparison, during the Sturgis motorcycle rally, you get a bunch of corporate execs and dentists with Softails and Road Glides who for a week think they are badass bikers giving hard looks to people at the gas stations, riding/acting like complete fools, bowing up on virtually anybody, and pretending they are something that they are not.

Rodeo brings out the same types. They dig out their cowboy boots and cheesy straw hats that they bought at the fair and pretend they are Casey Tibbs or Lane Frost. They get a belly full of beer then into fights at and after the rodeo, at the bars whatnot, and generally make complete fools of themselves.

The bright side of it all though is Buckle Bunnies! Girls in cutoff shorts and tank tops!

Buckle Bunnies were really the best reason to ride bucking horses in college. Even if you got bucked off, that # pinned on the back of your shirt just seemed to attract pretty girls like crazy.

Todays loadout

User Tag List