Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COVID Stimulus Check Hit the Bank Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    I did this with my alms from the God Emperor:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/887821805

Was even stone cold sober and freshly woken up from a full night's sleep...
    That gun is a wool overcoat & fedora special. Something you toss in your bag packing for the steam ship to Cairo.
    It just looks like it could write a novel...

Very cool find.

Gambled and lost. This is now a very expensive project. It'll get it's own thread but:

- Front sight arrived visibly canted to the right with massive leftward impacts on target.

- While clamping to smack the blade upright, barrel popped fully loose.

-Toquing down, it overclocks and blade is canted way left.

- Plan to make shim stock washers from brass or steel so I get it to clock correctly then check cylinder gap. If kosher, clean threads, apply 242 Loctite, remount, allow to cure. If I can correct this with some Irish engineering, that would be ideal. A little brass bling betwixt barrel shoulder and frame would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I'll be taking a training class this year and want to do a med class as well.

My stimulus money is going to a two week summer trip to Montana with the family. We'll be driving out from SC and staying with some family out there. We'll visit Yellowstone on the way and plan to hit Mt Rushmore and Little Big Horn coming or going. Maybe a couple other historic sites as well.

My boys, 8 and 11, have fallen in love with the old west the last couple of months and spend much of their time pretending to be Doc and Wyatt and telling me I can be their Huckleberry.
    If it's open by the time you get there, https://www.nps.gov/wica/planyourvis...nformation.htm I was nine when my dad and I took the tour, and I'll never forget it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Gambled and lost. This is now a very expensive project. It'll get it's own thread but:

- Front sight arrived visibly canted to the right with massive leftward impacts on target.

- While clamping to smack the blade upright, barrel popped fully loose.

-Toquing down, it overclocks and blade is canted way left.

- Plan to make shim stock washers from brass or steel so I get it to clock correctly then check cylinder gap. If kosher, clean threads, apply 242 Loctite, remount, allow to cure. If I can correct this with some Irish engineering, that would be ideal. A little brass bling betwixt barrel shoulder and frame would be cool.
    Ouch. Hope you can make it work reliably and well.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Bummer

User Tag List