Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They’re addicting!! New Browning T-Bolt target/Varmint .22WMR

They’re addicting!! New Browning T-Bolt target/Varmint .22WMR

Been on a bit of a rimfire kick lately as I bought a CZ 457 American in .22lr a few months back, a wonderful rifle, extremely accurate and a real looker to boot! I had become intrigued with a T-Bolt, chambered in .22WRM on clearance at my favorite gun store a while back (started a thread about it). Looked it over but was already buying a SIG P365 so I wasn’t ready to buy. Went back to check it out and found it was a Sporter, not not a Target/Varmint which I thought it was. Was a pretty good deal and a very nice rifle so I bought it. It is an awesome rifle, very nice trigger, really nice stock and smooth action. Once I mounted the scope I was really impressed with the accuracy.

On my every other day visit to the Sportsman’s Warehouse to look for ammo I noticed a Browning barrel label in the rimfire section so I decided to take a closer look, only to find a new, pristine T-Bolt Target/Varmint, with the fatter stock, cheek rest and heavier barrel, in .22WMR no less! I pondered it over for a few days and decided to buy it today, just in time for the rebate from Browning I really like the stock, which has more figure to it than the Sporter, and it has a very nice trigger. Scope rings are on order and I am heading to Cabelas tomorrow to buy a scope. Think I am going to go bigger with the scope than the one on the Sporter, which has a 3-7x35 Vortex Diamondback rimfire. Looking at a 4-12x40 Diamondback, not a rimfire so the parallax is set for 100 yards instead of 50. Hopefully will get to shoot it late next week!

Pictures to follow.

An original T-bolt has been on my want list for years but I saw one of the new ones at a local pusher yesterday. I’ll take a closer look at it next week when I go in to pick up something I put on hold yesterday.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    An original T-bolt has been on my want list for years but I saw one of the new ones at a local pusher yesterday. I’ll take a closer look at it next week when I go in to pick up something I put on hold yesterday.
    Will be interested to hear your thoughts and impressions.

Name:  20210101_163459.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  38.4 KB

Name:  20210101_163019.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  74.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by JimLob65; 01-01-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Finally got to fondle the one at the local pusher. Turns out it's the discontinued T-Bolt Suppressor Ready A-TACS LE in WMR.

I have no use for a WMR rifle. The only thing I hunt is paper, it's too expensive to plink with and no target loads that I'm aware of. But dang it if I'm not trying to justify going back for it soon™. If it was a LR it would have left the store with me, or at least gone on layawake and my plans for Ruger MKIV with a bunch of Volquartsen thrown at it kicked down the road.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Finally got to fondle the one at the local pusher. Turns out it's the discontinued T-Bolt Suppressor Ready A-TACS LE in WMR.

I have no use for a WMR rifle. The only thing I hunt is paper, it's too expensive to plink with and no target loads that I'm aware of. But dang it if I'm not trying to justify going back for it soon™. If it was a LR it would have left the store with me, or at least gone on layawake and my plans for Ruger MKIV with a bunch of Volquartsen thrown at it kicked down the road.
    Ya know, there is a fair amount of wisdom in those thoughts. I don't hunt either. When I did, I had no intention of shooting anything. I enjoyed the time away from all the cares & concerns of the job & home maintenance, and I really enjoyed the hardware and appreciate the quality & design of my hunting rifles. But mostly I enjoyed spending time with family.

However, I shot the new T-Bolt yesterday, and DAMN was it fun!! I have no practical need for it, but I enjoy the mechanical aspects of it, like owning nice things, own an asset, and enjoy the hell out of shooting it!! I have several .22lr firearms, including a CZ 457 that's as accurate as can be and is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a few Buckmarks, so I can plink on the cheap if I want. Nice having the option of putting 50 rounds downrange with the new Browning though.

At the least, if you buy it, you are buying an asset that has value. You aren't throwing your $$ away, and you might just have some fun with it!

I have no use for a WMR rifle.
    Neither do I, but I still have .22 Magnum ammo on the shelf. With the ammo situation, I've been thinking I need something to shoot it in.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Neither do I, but I still have .22 Magnum ammo on the shelf. With the ammo situation, I've been thinking I need something to shoot it in.
    As we all know, having ammo with nothing to shoot it in is a mortal sin!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    Yes, I must repent!
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

All compelling reasons for me to go back and put it on hold. Plus I do like picking up the unusual, discontinued stuff because I’m a masochist who likes not having easy support. Too many years of living the C&R lifestyle I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Yes, I must repent!
    Name:  76FBDB5F-7364-4361-ABC6-08715F804810.jpeg
Views: 887
Size:  47.9 KB

User Tag List