Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s not “Terminator” scary......yet

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Name:  4s6xsg.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  55.3 KB

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Name:  4s6xsg.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  55.3 KB
    I was thinking the exact same thing! Or at the very least get some 7.62 SLAP rounds.

Site Supporter
    The issue is not the robots - its all the data, AI, and ML that will be sending the robots after you

I wore my Skynet shirt to the grocery store last summer and the cashier who looked like a teenager asked me if that was where I worked.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Pick up an engineering journal dealing with development of self-driving cars. They're basically trying to solve the problem of telling a machine, "Go to Seattle, meet me here at this time. See you there." And having it show up on time without having drawn any special attention to itself along the way.

Once they get there, add facial recognition and targeting, it's in the bag.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...things-to-come

Dallas PD’s Use of a Bomb-Toting Robot to Kill Shooter Is a Sign of Things To Come
    This will set a new precedent in police tactics in future standoffs.

After hours of trying to negotiate with Dallas shooter Micah Xavier Johnson, the Dallas Police Department apparently used an unorthodox method to end the standoff. They sent one of their Explosive Ordinance Disposal robots in with an explosive device and detonated it near Johnson, killing him. It is thought to be the first time police have used a robot to kill a human.

See, this is why I'm always nice to SIRI.

Just in case.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    The issue is not the robots - its all the data, AI, and ML that will be sending the robots after you
    Yeah, but I’m going to have to deal with the robots before I get to the boss levels in Cupertino and Palo Alto.

Don't worry about robots. Worry about what people will program the robots to do.

Then worry about robots.

Every single robot movie in which they succeed or try to take over the world seems to be based on the premise that the all powerful AI we put on charge of all the robots has decided that we suck. Maybe we should avoid creating an AI that we place in charge of all the robots.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List