Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First red-dot revo

First red-dot revo

Why didn’t the hive tell me about red dots?

I don’t have to tilt my head back to get the bifocals in just the right spot. In fact, the glasses screw up the dot.

It also reveals how bad my trigger control is[emoji51]

Nice. My Swampfox optic was shipped today. Should be here Wednesday. Keep us updated.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Looks good - what mount is that?

Site Supporter
    I've played around with red dots on revolvers, but they always make the gun feel top heavy. I just took the Holosun 407c off my 625.

Chris

Like literally all I did for Q3 and Q4 of 2020 was shoot red dots on revolvers, believe me we tried

Nice setup. I really like the red dot sights on my guns and especially on my revolvers. I started with an Aimpoint many years ago and have gone to C-Mores lately. I tried the Vortex Venom, very nice, light and a good dot but I like the larger dots for competition.

Big advantage as you mentioned is that you don't have to change your stance or head position to get a good shot from the dot. It does let you know how well your trigger pull is and that's an advantage. You can then learn to compensate for it.

Good luck with your system.

I'm trying it on my R8. The combination of the pic rail, the Holosun mount, and then the 'dot makes it a smidge high--the rails are counter productive. I seem to shoot fine with it, it just feels weird.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Like literally all I did for Q3 and Q4 of 2020 was shoot red dots on revolvers, believe me we tried
    You didn’t give up on it did you?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Any time I have a feeling for something "weird" that is revolver related, the first thing I do is start reading Caleb's diary. Then Bolke pulls out some scroll from where someone else did it in 1891 and he personally did it in 1942 on his paper route and I realize I've never had an original idea in my life.

That's a good looking blaster. You get to hurt both the "revolvers don't malfunction, batteries fail" crowd, AND the "firearms history started at the invention of the Glock" crowd. All the sacrilege in one.

User Tag List