Thread: Forward Controls Plate/RMR

Forward Controls Plate/RMR

How hard do you have to push down on the RMR using a FCD plate to get it to fit on the lugs or posts? I've read elsewhere about a "click" in place type of thing, but man, I'm too scared to push down that hard. Is there maybe some minor fitting that has to take place? This is a RMR type1 on a G19. Going to do a Swampfox Justice on a G45 next. Thanks for any help!

Site Supporter
    I got mine on as much as i could just setting it on there and then turned the slide upside down and banged the RMR into place on my desk like a hammer. Not joking - it was a tight fit. I'm scheduled to change the battery this weekend and not looking forward to trying to take it off.

My SRO was snug, but a little thumb pressure popped it into place pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    I got mine on as much as i could just setting it on there and then turned the slide upside down and banged the RMR into place on my desk like a hammer. Not joking - it was a tight fit. I'm scheduled to change the battery this weekend and not looking forward to trying to take it off.
    I'm glad you said, "Not joking". I appreciate the feedback. I'll continue to mess with a little and will use your hammer method if I have to. Thanks!

The hammer method worked! Thanks!

I've installed RMRs/SROs on four FCD plates so far - all were snug but none required that much force. More like the thumb pressure Norville describes.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

The Swampfox won’t come close to fitting. I’ll have to go a different route on that one. Can’t even get it started. Thanks again for the feedback fellas.

The FCD RMR plate is designed to be somewhat tight on purpose. The less the RMR can move forward and back, the better. Mine was tight enough I tapped the front of the RMR down slowly and carefully with the plastic butt of a screwdriver. It didn't take much force, but it did take more than thumb pressure for me. Taking it off also required the same tapping, lightly on each side, to "walk" it up and off the plate.

I know they have said that the RMR and SRO maintain fairly tight tolerances, and some sights/plates may require a small amount of fitting. They don't guarantee fit of other sights based on the RMR footprint, because the tolerances of other manufacturers is quite a bit looser than Trijicons tolerances.

User Tag List