Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Pannone video on ready position

Mike Pannone video on ready position

I found this video informative and thought provoking and will be exploring his versions in dry and live practice. I thought I'd share for those who aren't on social media.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJbvShb..._web_copy_link

http://instagram.com/tv/CJbvShbA-Kq/

• It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I found this video informative and thought provoking and will be exploring his versions in dry and live practice. I thought I'd share for those who aren't on social media.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJbvShb..._web_copy_link

http://instagram.com/tv/CJbvShbA-Kq/
    Thanks for posting this.

Great video!

Even back years ago my old Israeli pistol instructor told us that temple indexing (he didn’t call it that) is completely retarded. The fact that so many “high speed” guys teaches it (such as John Lovell) baffles me.

SUL is also dumb and I was guilty of using it for a long while. Finally had a mentor see me using it and asked me some questions that’s led me to the realization it was silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Great video!

Even back years ago my old Israeli pistol instructor told us that temple indexing (he didn’t call it that) is completely retarded. The fact that so many “high speed” guys teaches it (such as John Lovell) baffles me.

SUL is also dumb and I was guilty of using it for a long while. Finally had a mentor see me using it and asked me some questions that’s led me to the realization it was silly.
    I believe temple index can be useful, not in the context of cqb as stated in the video. That's not the intent of temple index. I believe it's applicable in the context of moving positions without flagging people. Example in a vcqb situation, if you had to fire rounds and exit your vehicle, you may use temple index while exiting and moving to the rear of your vehicle and use your vehicle as cover and gain distance.

I'd really like to take a class with him. He seems to have a thoughtful approach to some underappreciated situations.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Great video!

Context matters.

Temple Index gained traction with Navy units before the GWOT when they were doing Navy stuff in confined spaces like boats, inside ships, oil and gas platforms etc to minimize muzzling each other. It's not meant to a general ready position, Pannone's description of it as a "pass through position" is spot on.

Were you using SUL on raids with minimally trained third world cops ?

SUL was developed as a technique for lowest common denominator cops in Brazil to working groups, moving around each other in tight spaces while minimizing muzzling. It does what it was intended to do in the context it was developed for. Like Temple Index, it's not meant to be a general ready position and is more of a "pass through" position.

* Israeli

David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I'd really like to take a class with him. He seems to have a thoughtful approach to some underappreciated situations.
    Pannone is great. Took his Covert Carry class a couple years ago and it was fantastic. I would totally take it again. I took a lot away.

Early in that vid he referred to re-posting a pic re temple that was "cutting". It's gone now but it was sort of hilarious.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List