Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Leupold Delta Point Micro (DPM)

I suspect this will go over very well with a large segment of the Glock/M&P crowd. My initial negative gut reaction is similar to many others here, but I can see the appeal for a lot of people. Especially considering the price point.

Sooner or later, a fully enclosed optic will be the norm, and having something that isn’t the size and shape of a US Mail box has some appeal.

With that said, I imagine it’s just a matter of time before they come out with mounts that will work for some other striker pistols.

Before this thread goes off the rails, let’s keep the discussion technically focused and leave the crazy memes for Facebook!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Around the 3:40 mark of the video at this review there is a view of re-acquiring the dot through recoil on a Glock 43.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ge...o-optic-video/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'm going to give the micro a shot on my 48. I tried to order one this morning from Europtics and Optics Planet but both say back ordered. Optics planet says a 5-7 month back order. Anyone know where they are in stock?

Site Supporter
    Minor thread rant. The Truth about guns guy may be a great dude and very knowledgeable but...

If you really want me to believe in what you are shooting and/or how you are shooting, then film it so I can see the hits in real or near real time.

Adding a bit of helpful commentary would be appreciated as well.

Just hammering rounds down range with no frame of reference at all as to distance/groups etc. is quite frustrating.

For Example:
    Hear I am at the 7 yrd line and I can just hammer an 8 inch plate as fast as I can pull the trigger with this sight...

I am at the 15 and I am able to reliably make hits on an IDPA headbox with .5 sec splits all day long...not something I can reliably do with iron sights.

I struggle with one handed shooting and I found using this sight...

Thank you for listening.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Minor thread rant. The Truth about guns guy may be a great dude and very knowledgeable but...

If you really want me to believe in what you are shooting and/or how you are shooting, then film it so I can see the hits in real or near real time.

Adding a bit of helpful commentary would be appreciated as well.

Just hammering rounds down range with no frame of reference at all as to distance/groups etc. is quite frustrating.

For Example:
    Hear I am at the 7 yrd line and I can just hammer an 8 inch plate as fast as I can pull the trigger with this sight...

I am at the 15 and I am able to reliably make hits on an IDPA headbox with .5 sec splits all day long...not something I can reliably do with iron sights.

I struggle with one handed shooting and I found using this sight...

Thank you for listening.
    Yep, I considered that aspect of Truth about Guns. Why I zeroed in on the videography part.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Sooner or later, a fully enclosed optic will be the norm...
    A trek through some Iowa flood plain in marginal winter weather made me much happier with my old Ultra-Dot than a buddy's (brand redacted) new "open reflex sight" made him. Despite all the "other" types that have come down the pike in the last ten years, I still prefer a fully enclosed optic.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

There is lots of chatter about finding the dot and other considerations that don’t apply to those of us shooting a dot now. What I want to know, is how does performance with this new optic compare to performance with other red dot optics. So far, I have seen zero data on that point.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    At this point, it might be easier to describe who this optic will not appeal to, then who it will appeal to. I predict a narrow target market.
    I can see this (or more likely, a future version of this concept) being hugely popular.

The reason being simplicity and cost.

Theres what - 8-10 million Glocks in the the US? The vast majority without an MOS cut.

And adding a RMR cut to a legacy pistol Glock is $175, plus cost of a new set of suppressor heigh sight ($50), and the hassle of sending the slide out for 4-6 weeks.

With this or similar system, the user just knocks off the existing rear sight, and instals this. Order the thing from Amazon, 3 days later your legacy Glock is Red Dot equipped, with a savings of $225 vs having the gun milled.

I can see a future version, where instead of this:

They flip the battery mount so that its parallel with the rear of the slide:
    Last edited by spyderco monkey; 01-06-2021 at 04:42 AM.

I’m sure they would have done that, but it would require a much smaller battery... ala ACRO. Unless of course you have a self-cleaning Glock...

User Tag List