Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80

Thread: Leupold Delta Point Micro (DPM)

  1. #1
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !

    Leupold Delta Point Micro (DPM)

    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...Gk5Yqr0mS97clE

    Name:  219CDBFB-4917-4551-A8B6-1077AE92A2E6.jpeg
Views: 811
Size:  34.4 KB

    Something new from Leupold.

    MRDS which fits into the existing dovetail, fits most regular holsters and is low enough to use the standard front sight and the optic body as BUIS.

    Uses a 1632 battery accessible without dismounting the sight. Leupold claims 3.5 year battery life on setting 4 (is it 5 setting like the regular DPP ?)

    Obviously this won’t work with hammer fired guns or SCDs and the window is gonna be like looking through a soda straw. One handed and unconventional positions are going to be an issue.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-30-2020 at 02:27 PM.

  2. #2
    Site Supporter Norville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    WI
    Interesting, but leads to a question or two...

    Is it like looking through a straw?

    If the battery life is so great, why can you change it without removing the sight, but must remove sight to field strip the slide (which maybe some people only do every 4years)?

    Good too see they are innovating though.

  3. #3
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Interesting, but leads to a question or two...

    Is it like looking through a straw?

    If the battery life is so great, why can you change it without removing the sight, but must remove sight to field strip the slide (which maybe some people only do every 4years)?

    Good too see they are innovating though.
    If you were using the red dot properly in a target focus I would think the small radical would be like occluded eye aiming.

    The problem with the small window is track in the dart in recoil, one-handed shooting an unconventional positions. The smaller the window the less forgiving.

    I suspect this thing is targeted at the dock curious who are not willing to commit to an optics cut.

  4. #4
    King of Craft Clusterfrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Redneck wonderland
    I think I hate this design. It seems to add constraints unnecessarily.
    "BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You don’t really graduate from certain problems or certain things… like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

  5. #5
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Umm, it's different.
    --Jason--

  6. #6
    Site Supporter GearFondler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Looking at the pics I am incredibly sceptical... It seems like the RDS equivalent of Springfield's SAS iron sights.
    It's well established that the smaller the window the more precise the index must be... And good luck tracking that dot under recoil.
    And blocking slide removal is just dumb.

  7. #7
    King of Craft Clusterfrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Redneck wonderland
    I’m going to give my buddies at Leupold a bunch of crap.
    "BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You don’t really graduate from certain problems or certain things… like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

  8. #8
    Member JHC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Georgia
    I'm intrigued by how well one's iron sight index might translate to indexing to this dot.

    @HCM re SHO/WHO or unconventional positions - can you expand on that watch out? If one can find one's front sight in those scenarios and this dot co-witnesses to the front sight . . . ?

    I'd like to see one mounted live.

    My cut up Sharpie cap isn't looking to bad in dry fire.

    Name:  IMG_9591.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  23.0 KB
    As a man sows, so shall he reap.

  9. #9
    Site Supporter GearFondler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm intrigued by how well one's iron sight index might translate to indexing to this dot.

    @HCM re SHO/WHO or unconventional positions - can you expand on that watch out? If one can find one's front sight in those scenarios and this dot co-witnesses to the front sight . . . ?

    I'd like to see one mounted live.

    My cut up Sharpie cap isn't looking to bad in dry fire.

    Name:  IMG_9591.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  23.0 KB
    Your quick mod still lets your eyes track the front and rear irons together and adjust the index to match them up... I don't see that as possible with this new design but I could be wrong.

  10. #10
    Member JHC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Your quick mod still lets your eyes track the front and rear irons together and adjust the index to match them up... I don't see that as possible with this new design but I could be wrong.
    yeah my mock up might be proto-typing the "Gen 2" version. (I stole that from anonymous who just texted me)
    As a man sows, so shall he reap.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •