Thread: Leupold Delta Point Micro (DPM)

Site Supporter

Leupold Delta Point Micro (DPM)

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...Gk5Yqr0mS97clE

Name:  219CDBFB-4917-4551-A8B6-1077AE92A2E6.jpeg
Views: 1433
Size:  34.4 KB

Something new from Leupold.

MRDS which fits into the existing dovetail, fits most regular holsters and is low enough to use the standard front sight and the optic body as BUIS.

Uses a 1632 battery accessible without dismounting the sight. Leupold claims 3.5 year battery life on setting 4 (is it 5 setting like the regular DPP ?)

Obviously this won’t work with hammer fired guns or SCDs and the window is gonna be like looking through a soda straw. One handed and unconventional positions are going to be an issue.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-30-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Interesting, but leads to a question or two...

Is it like looking through a straw?

If the battery life is so great, why can you change it without removing the sight, but must remove sight to field strip the slide (which maybe some people only do every 4years)?

Good too see they are innovating though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Interesting, but leads to a question or two...

Is it like looking through a straw?

If the battery life is so great, why can you change it without removing the sight, but must remove sight to field strip the slide (which maybe some people only do every 4years)?

Good too see they are innovating though.
    If you were using the red dot properly in a target focus I would think the small radical would be like occluded eye aiming.

The problem with the small window is track in the dart in recoil, one-handed shooting an unconventional positions. The smaller the window the less forgiving.

I suspect this thing is targeted at the dock curious who are not willing to commit to an optics cut.

I think I hate this design. It seems to add constraints unnecessarily.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Umm, it's different.
    --Jason--

Looking at the pics I am incredibly sceptical... It seems like the RDS equivalent of Springfield's SAS iron sights.
    It's well established that the smaller the window the more precise the index must be... And good luck tracking that dot under recoil.
    And blocking slide removal is just dumb.

I’m going to give my buddies at Leupold a bunch of crap.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I'm intrigued by how well one's iron sight index might translate to indexing to this dot.

@HCM re SHO/WHO or unconventional positions - can you expand on that watch out? If one can find one's front sight in those scenarios and this dot co-witnesses to the front sight . . . ?

I'd like to see one mounted live.

My cut up Sharpie cap isn't looking to bad in dry fire.

Attachment 65451
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm intrigued by how well one's iron sight index might translate to indexing to this dot.

@HCM re SHO/WHO or unconventional positions - can you expand on that watch out? If one can find one's front sight in those scenarios and this dot co-witnesses to the front sight . . . ?

I'd like to see one mounted live.

My cut up Sharpie cap isn't looking to bad in dry fire.

Attachment 65451
    Your quick mod still lets your eyes track the front and rear irons together and adjust the index to match them up... I don't see that as possible with this new design but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Your quick mod still lets your eyes track the front and rear irons together and adjust the index to match them up... I don't see that as possible with this new design but I could be wrong.
    yeah my mock up might be proto-typing the "Gen 2" version. (I stole that from anonymous who just texted me)
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List