Thread: Red dot Beginner Questions?

Red dot Beginner Questions?

Gang, any big difference between the various red dots? Realize price point, size etc. the obvious. I am seeking experienced advice as I have only shot them a couple times and I am intrigued, and frustrated at the same time. I guess advice like oh yeah this has a great field of view, or view finder is too small etc. Thanks, appreciate the wisdom and advice.

Dave

There are big differences between various dot units but you need to be specific what's the intended use: carry, competition, cheap plinking, etc.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

There's a whole sub-forum dedicated to this
    David S.

Ultimately carry. When I played with an RMS on a PPS I liked how the dot was seemingly in space with litlle thought to the “ framing “aspect of the sight window itself, the Trijicon RMR seemed more like a picture frame. I am sure using these real time will alter my initial perceptions. Like recently realizing not to place the dot on top of the front sight.

For carry, the durability and reliability are ## 1, 2, and 3, so I think most people would go with RMR, Aimpoint and possibly Holosun just on those factors alone. RMR can appear as a picture frame simply because thicker frame which accounts for durability of the optic. That gets better as you learn to keep looking at the target.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List