Thread: Wheeler sight tool on Beretta 92A1

Wheeler sight tool on Beretta 92A1

Will the Wheeler sight tool work on a Beretta 92A1 for front and rear sights? Is removal of safety/decocker levers necessary? Thanks

Yea it will work on both. If you have a safety/decocker you may not need to to remove the levers. The G decocker gets in the way and it would be better to remove it to replace the rear sight.

This video does a pretty good job of showing how to replace the sights using the dedicated Beretta tool and the Wheeler tool.

https://youtu.be/N4c7v5ipWks
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Thank you. I had watched that video but he used the Beretta tool for the rear sight. I was wondering if he had to do that because the Wheeler wouldn’t work. Based on your response he just chose to use the Beretta tool for the rear. I can see since it fits the grooves on the slide that would be convenient but the Wheeler will work for both. I don’t want to buy 2 tools if not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    Thank you. I had watched that video but he used the Beretta tool for the rear sight. I was wondering if he had to do that because the Wheeler wouldn’t work. Based on your response he just chose to use the Beretta tool for the rear. I can see since it fits the grooves on the slide that would be convenient but the Wheeler will work for both. I don’t want to buy 2 tools if not necessary.
    I had to replace the sights on my Elite 2 and decided I didn't want to drop the $150-ish in the Wheeler. I wished I had as I ended up using the hammer drift method to remove and replace the front sight.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I had to replace the sights on my Elite 2 and decided I didn't want to drop the $150-ish in the Wheeler. I wished I had as I ended up using the hammer drift method to remove and replace the front sight.
    Looks at your name, looks at your post......

You couldn't just use one at work and the time gets deducted as advertising while filming it.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Looks at your name, looks at your post......

You couldn't just use one at work and the time gets deducted as advertising while filming it.
    I wondered how long it would take for someone to point out that bit of irony.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List