Thread: C4 Training Group Fairbanks, Alaska

C4 Training Group Fairbanks, Alaska

We attended the 2 day Defensive Handgun 1 put on by C4 Training Group LLC at the Tanana Valley Sportsmen's Association indoor range in Fairbanks, Alaska on 26 & 27 Dec. Chuck Inderrieden lead instructor and owner of C4 is retired military, currently a SGT with Alaska State Troopers, Thunder Ranch instructor and a bunch other qualifications.

My formal instruction has been hit or miss since I attended a 3 week course at Ft Bragg in 1981. Retired in 2000 from the Army then took an early retirement from NPS in 2018. Ended up getting a Front Sight membership at a Friends of the NRA banquet primarily to attend Front Sight Alaska. We both have Commander level memberships for the money I gave the NRA, not bad deal in my view. Because of the virus FS AK did not happen this year. So looking around I found C4 Training Group on line.

Class is limited to 10. Chuck ran a well organized class and as I understood it is designed for new shooters who had just purchased a handgun and completed Alaska's concealed permit class. Class covered all the basics and was tailored to the students to progress as fast or slow as needed. We fired about 450rd during the 12 hours on the range. Executed some marksmanship drills, timed drills, 3D target shoot, limited visibility drills and a few other drills.

Wife with 6000rds thru her P30SK in 2 years since she has started shooting was challenged but not intimidated. And even with sore cut up hands wants to attend Level 2 this summer. And I reconfirmed that a couple months of -10 only 4 hours of daylight and no range time does not improve my skills. Outstanding opportunity for the price and location in my opinion.

I can not figure out how to edit my post- change Thunder Ranch instructor to has attended the Thunder Ranch instructor development programs

Another endorsement for Chuck Inderrieden at C4. I had the pleasure of watching him teach when he took the Deadly Force Instructor class Marty Hayes and I teach. Excellent command of subject, top notch communication skills, is good with student questions and, more important, with answers. Knowledgeable, experienced, and passionate about what he teaches. Recommended.

User Tag List