Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: American Humor

Site Supporter
    My wife & I have been watching this: https://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Idols/dp/B071CLQBXZ and it has reminded us of what American movies used to be. We've watched them all and if i had to pick just one to illustrate the entire range of acting, it would be Jack Lemmon's episode/segment.

I'd like to add to blues' list - absolutely anything by Mel Brooks.

I would also add the first "National Lampoon's Vacation" and "Christmas Vacation."
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Site Supporter
    Sam Kinison!!!!!

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    "Parks and Recreation" had the same essential format as the American version of "The Office" which had the same format as the British version of "The Office", so I'm not sure that counts.

I'd probably list "30 Rock", as well as Eddie Murphy's standup and his better movies.

Will Ferrell and Jim Carrey's films: "Anchorman", "Talladega Nights", "Ace Ventura", "Dumb and Dumber", et cetera. Should note the teen sex genre with "Porky's", "American Pie", and such.

"Def Comedy Jam" from the 90s.

ETA: Can't forget Mike Judge. "Beavis and Butt-head", "King of the Hill", "Silicon Valley", "Office Space", "Idiocracy".
    Last edited by Chance; 12-29-2020 at 10:32 AM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

You might want to check out Youtube for some British TV. Robin Williams is well known over across the pond.

Jeff Foxworthy.

Simpsons

Idiocracy, although lately it's feeling more like a prophecy than a comedy . . .

Some of you are saying that there's been no good new comedy in the last 20 or 30 years???

Tropic Thunder
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Rodney Dangerfield is mandatory
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

User Tag List