Thread: Dillon CP2000 Case Processing machine - experience?

Site Supporter

Dillon CP2000 Case Processing machine - experience?

Anyone have experience with the Dillon CP2000 case processing machine? I am currently processing 223 with a Dillon 550 plus an extra step swaging primer pockets with Lee APP. Thinking about getting the Dillon CP2000 to process 223.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Anyone have experience with the Dillon CP2000 case processing machine? I am currently processing 223 with a Dillon 550 plus an extra step swaging primer pockets with Lee APP. Thinking about getting the Dillon CP2000 to process 223.

I would get the 1050/1100 before I purchased a CP2000. You can process brass on those just like you would the CP2000 and if you want to load volumes of 223 quickly then the capability is there.

Assuming you are priming during the loading process, have you thought about trying a swedging (sp?) adapter for the 550?

https://uniquetek.com/product/T1568-5

Site Supporter
    I have considered the swageit - seen lots of positive feedback but also some concerns as it voids the Dillon 550 warranty. That priming area seems to be a weak point as I have had one well worn 550 break at that spot under normal use (not swageit) and Dillon replaced it under warranty. That is an option for sure.

I have considered the swageit - seen lots of positive feedback but also some concerns as it voids the Dillon 550 warranty. That priming area seems to be a weak point as I have had one well worn 550 break at that spot under normal use (not swageit) and Dillon replaced it under warranty. That is an option for sure.
    I used the Swage It for a time. I found it less than ideal. There's no real way to set/adjust the crimp. Also, the only thing holding the case in place during the swage operation is the rim of the case. Pretty easy to pop a case up through the shell plate and ruin the rim in the process.

What someone needs to do for the average guy is make a Dillon shell plate that will work with the Hornady LNL swage dies. I guess I'm kind of surprised Hornady isn't doing this....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List