Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCR and LCRx musings

LCR and LCRx musings

I have a good friend who is very fond of his 2” LCR. I’ve been casually looking at them for years. My issue is that I’m special - I always want a flavor that they don’t make.

My ideal would be a 3” LCR (the original hammerless version) with fixed sights. I’d consider a 3” LCRx with a better rear, something like a Rough Country or a C&S Extreme Duty but I’m not finding anything out there.

Has Ruger ever done 3” LCRs? Is anyone doing a better rear sight for the LCRx?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’ve never seen or heard of a 3 inch LCR, only the LCRx versions. I have one of the 3 inch LCRx 22lr and it’s a blast to shoot. I wish they offered a six shot version in 38/357. I haven’t seen any aftermarket rear sights and in another thread someone asked Bowen if they were going to offer a sight. It didn’t sound like they were going to.

Jason

Yeah, I saw that thread - it was long enough ago that I’m tempted to ask Bowen again.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Possibly silly question - is there enough parts commonality between the LCR and LCRx that the gripframes and associated parts can be swapped?
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Possibly silly question - is there enough parts commonality between the LCR and LCRx that the gripframes and associated parts can be swapped?
    I'm not sure but I don't think so. I watched a few tear-down videos to replace springs and the LCRx and LCR frames appear to be different. At least the few videos I watched had different steps. I have a LCR .38 and a LCRx .22 the DA pull on the .22 is very heavy. Rather then mess with the springs I decided to dry fire the crap out of it instead.

Welllll, pretty sure the whole thing is clad in molded plastic, don't think you can change a barrel.

But you are not alone, I sorta want one also, enough so that I once visually mocked it up.

ETA: Looking at my own picture, i might be wrong...

I should have been clearer - I’m wondering if the LCR plastic grip frame and shroud (and hammer, obviously) will fit on a LCRx metal frame. I really like 3” concealed hammer DAO revolvers, I have a K6s and have coveted a 3” J for years.
    Ken

I should have been clearer
    You were crystal, I was just suffering a cranial rectal proximity challenge.

I’m wondering if the LCR plastic grip frame and shroud (and hammer, obviously) will fit on a LCRx metal frame.
    What might be great about this is if it works you would have an intact LCRx left from the donor.

I really like 3” concealed hammer DAO revolvers, I have a K6s and have coveted a 3” J for years.
    I have always wanted a 3" 360, if it was a 3" 340 that would make me write bad checks. While I am yammering on, I say a 3" 340PD in 9mm, yeah, that's the ticket

Name:  360 3inch.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  21.4 KB

My fantasy would be a 6-shot .38 special 3" LCR with dovetailed Novak style sights ala Wiley Clap SP101 and GP100.

I would settle for a 3" LCRx in .327. I don't know why they don't already make that.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 12-30-2020 at 03:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post

I have always wanted a 3" 360, if it was a 3" 340 that would make me write bad checks. While I am yammering on, I say a 3" 340PD in 9mm, yeah, that's the ticket

Name:  360 3inch.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  21.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List