Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rotator cuff issues

Site Supporter
    Lots of good suggestions. Just remember it will not get better with age! If you need surgery ; get it done now. You will heal better at 50 vs 40 If you are 25-30? Take care of it now. You might be able to live with it at 50 but be kicking yourself at 75 when you need the shoulder replaced. That is what happened to my father; but he is now too old to get the shoulder replaced. Remember your injury is only a slip on ice or a minor car accident away from being much worse. I would run from any Orthopaedic doctor that suggested you stop working out. Find an ortho who is an athlete themselves and treats athletes. If they treat professional athlete it is a plus. I would avoid the VA like the plague. Don’t be afraid to switch doctors. If the doctor does not touch you during an exam- drop him. We all are getting older. We all want to be our best. Too many doctors are more worried about the insurance company than they are the patient. Get the ice machine. My insurance would not pay for it so I bought it and it was worth it. Invest now in right hand and left hand holsters. practice drawing a handgun from both sides. After surgery - Get off the pain meds ASAP . Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    I wish I could go back and explain to 16y.o. me that Daitō-ryū Aiki-jūjutsu is not the best MA for tall kids. I have noticed that working with a heavy steel mace keeps my shoulders nice and limber and helps with posture. Here's a link with some exercises: https://vimeo.com/144006083
    Check out Mark Wildman on YouTube.

He has series based on Kettlebells, clubs and maces. Very clear explanations and demonstrations of proper form.

Almost one week post surgery, and I'm not having a ton of pain. Mostly manageable on ibuprofen/tylenol. Taking a pain pill to sedate myself at night, so I don't toss and turn, but really thinking about trying to stop the pain meds completely. I really don't want to be on that crap. I think the sling/spacer/torture device is worse than the actual surgical pains. Damn things pokes me in the ribs and arm in uncomfortable ways. The incisions are healing well, and I can use my right arm for a few things, as long as I'm not trying to muscle anything in the shoulder.

I was expecting three holes in my shoulder, but when I got the bandages off I have a total of five! Not sure exactly what they did at this point. Doc didn't really inform my wife very well after I was out of surgery (sorta unhappy about that). Post-op appointment this week will hopefully give me some answers, and a better idea when I can get back to work.

I'm already going stir crazy, but I've watched a few movies I had wanted to see, and I'm chugging through Longmire at a steady rate. Trying to decide if I can run my Dillon left handed, and at least use some of this time to make my ammo fort bigger.

User Tag List