Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: TQ carry options

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Looking for uniform IFAK options on the North American Rescue website, I noticed they offer an IWB TQ carrier. No experience or opinion, but putting it out there.
    If you are referencing this one:

https://www.narescue.com/all-product...t-holders.html

This is identical to the Fieldcraft Survival one (it even mentions how they partnered with FS to make this in the description). I posted my review of this excellent piece of kit on the top of Page 2 of this very thread.

Site Supporter
    Apparently I am. As I said, I was slogging through posts and websites looking for something for uniform duty use and happended across the NAR/Fieldcraft offering.

Has anybody tried The Wilderness Tactical products?
    A pocket pouch for tq. https://www.thewilderness.com/medica...cket-tq-pouch/

Also for ankle holsters sliding down Ive heard a second sock covering the holster is a good solution. If Im not mistaken it can actually be cut off so it doesnt go into your shoe as long as the color matches the base layer sock.
    I think thats an @Cecil Burch tip if Im not mistaken.
    Last edited by UNK; 01-04-2021 at 01:17 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Has anybody tried The Wilderness Tactical products?
    A pocket pouch for tq. https://www.thewilderness.com/medica...cket-tq-pouch/

Also for ankle holsters sliding down Ive heard a second sock covering the holster is a good solution. If Im not mistaken it can actually be cut off so it doesnt go into your shoe as long as the color matches the base layer sock.
    I think thats an @Cecil Burch tip if Im not mistaken.
    Yep on Wilderness.
    It is comfy and has been secure, but a bit chunky. It had ankle bone slots to reduce rotation, but my ankles are not bulky enough if I put pressure on the entire holster. Overall heavy duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I’m going to be getting a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers soon, and I’ll try to remember to update this with a report on how the ankle rig works with those.
    Off topic, Iron Ranger boots are totally worth what they charge for them.

On topic, my SFD rig works even better with these than my desert boots. Even with six inch boots, I’m wearing it entirely above them, not partially wrapped around the top of the boot. Hopefully the pictures show this well, but this works because the TQ, which is the bulkiest part of my med kit, is located right below the bulge of my calf muscle (and the men in my family all have rather muscled legs, which helps). The boot then prevents it from riding down, so there’s now the plus side of not having to cinch it down as tight for it to stay in place.

Conclusion - how slim or bulky the kit is determines what specific applications it will work for, concealment is just as body type-dependent as weapon concealment, and if you don’t mind some potential wear at the top of the boot that no one will see anyway, tall boots are a nice way of keeping an ankle rig in place. Name:  A0CAC88F-8EA7-47C7-B70A-66C8E87296E7.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  88.7 KBName:  FB3D57CD-C14C-464D-9650-061AD8CAF6B7.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  65.6 KB

User Tag List