Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TQ carry options

Depending: left back pocket; a jacket pocket; neoprene Galco ankle vault—the kind that’s generic storage, not a BUG holster per se.

Today, it’s the Galco, with just a TQ and an extra folder in it. It’s very comfortable with so little weight and mass on it, FWIW.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Forgive the question but, why the need for concealment? Apologies if this is a blatenly stupid question.
    I'm fancy.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'm fancy.
    Well, in that case....

...Allen Edmonds is having their 60% off winter sale. Get yourself some fancy boots that will allow you to comfortably carry an ankle IFAK, compared to whatever boots you're currently wearing which interfere. I strongly endorse the Higgins Mill Chromexcel and Chelsea Nomads.

You've even got a good reason to spend money that you can give the misses. "Honey, this is a mission-critical life safety upgrade."
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Well, in that case....

...Allen Edmonds is having their 60% off winter sale. Get yourself some fancy boots that will allow you to comfortably carry an ankle IFAK, compared to whatever boots you're currently wearing which interfere. I strongly endorse the Higgins Mill Chromexcel and Chelsea Nomads.

You've even got a good reason to spend money that you can give the misses. "Honey, this is a mission-critical life safety upgrade."
    Do you wear it over your boot? Because I think I'd look like I was on house arrest and/or damage my boots. I quit wearing the ankle rig because it was damaging the area over my heel as I walked.

I used to be able to wear more shit on my waist because I wore a jacket or sport coat year round. Since I've de-fatted significantly all my existing options are at least two sizes too big. I have a PHLster Flatpack and never could figure it out to my liking. Also a horizontal pouch of some unknown make that I also didn't care for. The RAT worked for carrying but we had a thread on them here and I was convinced by the experts that it wasn't a good option.

Side note: I do own a pair of AE and they are quite nice. I'll look into the winter sale.

I'm fancy.
    Depending on the cut of your fancy clothes you could pre-position one on your upper thigh. That might seem excessive but having been without one when I really needed one a few months ago it sounds better to me than going without.

Aside from that there are a few belts-that-function-as-tourniquet products on the market. They're not exactly dressy, and I don't know how well they work. It seems like there might be an opening in the market for a dress belt that conceals an effective tourniquet as opposed to doubling as one.

Do you wear it over your boot? Because I think I'd look like I was on house arrest and/or damage my boots. I quit wearing the ankle rig because it was damaging the area over my heel as I walked.
    Yup. Doesn't change the bulk one bit since they're dressy leather boots, no padded tongue or collar.

No discernable wear on my Chelsea Nomads, which I use daily in order to break the trend of "Agent-Casual Salomons" and look more the part for my department's greater goal. It wore a little bit on my Higgins Mill boots, but only in one spot, very lightly......not surprising since Chomexcel is an exceptionally soft, supple leather.

It might be dependent on the ankle rig as well. I use the Rescue Essentials one; have worn it everyday for the last 5 years with the exception of full suits, where I rolled with just a TQ mounted on my Perry Suspenders....ankle rig for everything else, including business casual.

ETA: @JDD just got a set of AE boots, as well. I don't know if he's tried them with an ankle rig, or what line of boot.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    Depending on the cut of your fancy clothes you could pre-position one on your upper thigh. That might seem excessive but having been without one when I really needed one a few months ago it sounds better to me than going without.

Aside from that there are a few belts-that-function-as-tourniquet products on the market. They're not exactly dressy, and I don't know how well they work. It seems like there might be an opening in the market for a dress belt that conceals an effective tourniquet as opposed to doubling as one.
    Yeah, if I use my belt I've suddenly got a gun, magazine, and badge spilling everywhere.

Yup. Doesn't change the bulk one bit since they're dressy leather boots, no padded tongue or collar.
    I'll look into it, then. I was using this: https://tuffproducts.com/7911-tuff-stabilizer-ii/ and it was like the bottom edge had teeth.

Yeah, if I use my belt I've suddenly got a gun, magazine, and badge spilling everywhere.
    I doubt any of the belt ones work for shit. I'm thinking more of concealing it behind a belt. I think the windlass material might need to be steel, but otherwise the concept seems doable.

No discernable wear on my Chelsea Nomads, which I use daily in order to break the trend of "Agent-Casual Salomons" and look more the part for my department's greater goal. It wore a little bit on my Higgins Mill boots, but only in one spot, very lightly......not surprising since Chomexcel is an exceptionally soft, supple leather.

It might be dependent on the ankle rig as well. I use the Rescue Essentials one; have worn it everyday for the last 5 years with the exception of full suits, where I rolled with just a TQ mounted on my Perry Suspenders....ankle rig for everything else, including business casual.

ETA: @JDD just got a set of AE boots, as well. I don't know if he's tried them with an ankle rig, or what line of boot.
    Thanks @TGS.

Yes, my two Christmas presents this year were a set of the brown Higgins Mills boots, and the Galco "Ankle Glove" holster for the 26. I have not yet worn both together because I tend to default to the 19 (and the 1 year old in my house that is spending a lot of time grabbing my ankles), but just based on the construction of both items, I don't anticipate that they won't play nicely together without giving me that new-to-house-arrest look.

I use the Immediate Casualty Care IWB Flat 2.0 to carry a sof-tw TQ, 2 chest seals, israeli bandage, quik clot, a space blanket, gloves, and shears. It's 8"x11"x1.5" with tuckable ulticlips. I've worn it daily for the past 6 months. It's very comfortable, though I am going to replace the ulticlips with pull the dot soft loops.

https://www.immediatecasualtycare.co...-black-stocked

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

User Tag List